Keene show grabs & more! (pic heavy)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Blackglass

Reaction score
I'm just gonna nonchalantly show off some stuff I got at the Keene show this year, along with some stuff I acquired over the summer.
aMjl5n3.jpg
Common sample-sized Polar Star Cough Cure, a snap-case J.L. Hunnewell Tolu Anodyne I got for an absolute steal of a price, and an unusual bottle marked "Macmahan's Handicap". I did some research on the latter as the seller at the show didn't even know what it was. Turns out it contained some form of liquid iodine based numbing solution for dentists; not a patent med! According to records, they only sold 364 bottles of the stuff from 1890-1900, and they weren't around long after 1900, so I'd imagine it's quite hard to find. It has a simple sawed-off finish and 2 little indents on the neck I assume wee there for the closure, whatever it was.
biDpujH.jpg
Allan's Sarsaparilla. No damage, which is impressive for a dug bottle of it's size.
Yi34Tcu.jpg
Nice big black glass import cylinder. I'm fairly certain it's free-blown and not dip mold.
WbBBk80.jpg
994LOc7.jpg
I was happy to locate some local NH blob tops. The Caswell is pretty easy to find, but the Stringer is quite a bit harder to find.
tca14jY.jpg
Kohner's Asthma Remedy. This was the last bottle I purchased, and I only got it because it looked interesting and I'd never seen in before. Well, being that there's no info online about it (Besides a business directory listing from Lynn, Mass.), and it's not even in Matt's guide, I'd reckon it's the rarest patent med in my collection to date.
ovXfKpL.jpg
I was happy to finally get a cobalt blue soda, even if it's one of the more common ones (Lancaster Glass Works). Also a City Ice & Bottling Works Texas hutch, and a Brooklyn soda of sorts.
FHXQRCH.jpg
aUjVfH0.jpg
Lastly from the show, a D.W. Davis Inflammatory Extirpator & Cleanser. The assistant glass blower kinda missed with the pontil, whoops. Here's some other stuff I acquired since late spring.
3tJ5V8i.jpg
A nice big Paul Jones Pure Rye that was full of sand when I got it at a yard sale. Apparently the owner was using it as a doorstop.Dr. E E Graves from Boscawen, NH. It's got a bruise on the base and a chip on the lip, but it's also an extremely hard to come by bottle.
iEc6s8q.jpg
Also 2 cement bottles and a Boschee's German Syrup a good friend got me for my b-day. The inside of the Major's Cement is COMPLETELY messed up. I'm not sure what you'd call this kind of glassmaking error, but it looks like interior is just one big open bubble.
oWDoBQ4.jpg
Three local NH bottles. Morrison The Druggist from Meredith, S.F. Sanderson Apothecary & Stationer from Rochester, and Ira. S. Jackman Pharmacy from Franklin Falls. The Morrison bottle was found in a barn and given to me, and is basically the definition of "Attic mint".
MaBcR6h.jpg
It was also a great year in getting local bottles from my own small town. The McGrillis I got off of Ebay, but the other two were given to me by a local digger (Super generous, might I add). The Fowler & Co. is damaged but relatively scarce, and the Nelson is, as far as I can tell, a very hard one to find.
HMloj4j.jpg
These two came off Ebay as well. The Hamlin's is full and corked.
FcFyXR1.jpg
Here's an interesting one I found for spare change at an antique store. It reads C.L.O.C., is BIM with what appears to be an applied finish, a pewter decoration around the shoulders, and he glass is heavily whittled. Turns out it's a whiskey bottle from Denmark, and thanks to an online contact I have from said country, he did some research and found that it dated from 1922-25. Pretty neato.
Or7eQKv.jpg
43deKP9.jpg
And last, but not least, a complete-in-the-box-and-wax-sealed Dalton's Sarsaparilla from Belfast, ME. I found it at an antique shop in Maine at a sale price that made it worth picking up. Oddly enough, every single example of this bottle I've seen online has the box with it, or is at least half full with contents. Some guy must have found a storehouse with a bunch of them in it or something. Either that or they made some really crappy sarsaparilla and people just shelved it. So, yeah. That's me being a showoff. Thanks for looking!

2find4me

Reaction score
Wow, nice pick-ups! You have lots of killer glass to display! The D W David is absolutely sick

nhpharm

Reaction score
Great stuff! I wish I could have gone to the show but no such luck. You are right...the Graves from Boscawen is very hard to find and the Nelson from Bristol is even harder to find. The Aqua Fowler is tough as well...most of the Fowlers are clear.

CreekWalker

Reaction score
Wow, what a productive year! Beautiful quality items! Thanks , I'm looking forward to next year!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi