Kellogg's Pint More Info

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nranderson

Double Take
Reaction score
Hi I dug the Kellogg's pint sized whisky over 40 years ago. Unfortunately I think I chipped it with the shovel back then. I remember the hole wasn't deep enough to be hitting dump but I did. Anyway the bottle I remember is scarce due to it being manufactured in 1906 in SF just before the earthquake and not after. Couple questions....it has inside screw threads. Does anyone know where to buy a stopper for this? I'd love a W.L.Co. but any this size would do. This would hide a lot of the bruise. And is it worth getting repaired? Oh, 3 questions sorry..is my info correct for this bottle. There's tons of Kellogg's info but I'm not finding this guy?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_E4860.JPG
    IMG_E4860.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 109

slugplate

Reaction score
It's a terrific bottle. Anytime you find an embossed whiskey it's worth is exponentially higher. The stopper, which is missing, was imported from England, called a vulcanite stopper. Plus, there were a limited number of manufactures that made internal threads in the US. Basically, it's a keeper. The easiest way to find a vulcanite stopper is to check the U.K. sites. However, shipping costs are high. If you can't find an exact manufactures, labeled stopper, go with a plain, unmarked stopper in the meantime. That will help to prevent any further 'accidental' lip chips.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac