Kendall's Spavin Cure for Human Flesh

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LC

Reaction score
I had an early amber one with a perfect label , had it for years . Knocked the blasted thing off the shelf and broke it just this summer . Never did see one sell , but I doubt that it is worth much , seen quite a few of them over the years . Still , I really did like it . Then too , I have a lot of bottles that are not worth a lot , and some that are pretty decent . Doesn't matter either way as I have never been in it for the money .

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
1906 food and drug act forced them to change the word cure to treatment. So it is pre 1906.

buriedtreasuretime

Reaction score
41% alcohol and 9% ether... Whatever ailment you had, you certainly forgot you had it for a while, especially if you took more than a couple of spoonfulls at a time of this concoction. If you drank the whole bottle, you might well have been permanently cured of the affliction... I wonder if the only difference between the regular spavin cure for horses and the "for human flesh" bottle was that the "for human flesh" bottle was smaller, thus providing less than a lethal dose?

Still, one of the most common VT cures out there. Amazing that little Enosburg Falls VT provided such wide distribution of a cure.

Jim G

I’m wondering if this was a topical not an internal treatment. Ether is a poison. More like a disinfectant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
It was topical. Used for what they used to call spavin We know know as osteoarthritis. They had a horse version also. It did not work.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac