Kentucky Squat Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sparrow75

Reaction score
Anyone here a KY squat bottle collector? I just picked up my first, and I'm interested in seeing what's out there in this type of bottle for KY. I don't see too many on eBay, so figured I'd see if anyone here could post some pictures if they have some to share?
Thanks

fer_de_lance

Reaction score
sparrow75, for those such as myself that are unfamiliar with Kentucky bottles ,can you provide a photo of your Kentucky squat bottle? I'm assuming you are referring to a squat soda or beer or was there a drink called Squat? It might be a good thing to know when attending the National Show in Lexington,KY this summer. Thank you, Tim

sparrow75

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm referring to squat soda/beer bottles. I don't know much about these bottles, but I like them and wanted to see what KY embossed squats are out there. I'll post a picture of the bottle i got off eBay the other week when I get home tonight.Thanks

sparrow75

Reaction score
Tim, I just copied the picture off the eBay listing..

Attachments

• 193f8f72a18847a6b7dfcec948c27d7b.jpg
    193f8f72a18847a6b7dfcec948c27d7b.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 75

fer_de_lance

Reaction score
I would think you could easily find some from the cities that were thriving along the Ohio River in the 1870's such as Louisville , Covington, and maybe Paducah. I have a couple of hutches from Henderson,KY but have not found a squat, but my focus is primarily on Indiana bottles. Good luck with your search. Tim

sparrow75

Reaction score
Thanks Tim and cobalt....i emailed appliedlips to see what they say. I hope to make the Lexington show, but i travel a lot in late summer. It's too close to me to miss!

dollarbill

Reaction score
Chris I believe your going to find there are a good number of squat sodas and beers from Kentucky and from along the Ohio river. There will be a good number from the Covington area alone.Bill

LC

Reaction score
I dug on the Ohio River bank on the Ohio side across from Covington and never did dig a squat there . Only ones I found from Covington was the Felix Fritz hutch and round bottom soda . Probably a bunch of squats from Covington out there but the one posted here is the first one I have ever seen . I guess if I had went to bottle shows over the years I might have seen many of them .

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis