Khaki Label Beverages Limited

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I've had this bottle for ages and have never seen another, the only info I can find online is that the company was from Toronto and was incorporated in 1918. Anyone recognize it? RCO is the company listed in the soda book you have? It's kind of a funny looking bottle as well, doesn't look like anything I've seen from the Canadian glass factories of the era. Even has stippling on the base which I've never seen on a 1910s-20s Canadian soda. I'm guessing it was made in the States, or maybe even some other country.
DSC_0454.JPG
Li

RCO

Reaction score
yes I've seen the bottle once before at an antique mall in southern Ontario , didn't buy the bottle as I didn't know much about it although it wasn't that much

its listed in book as being from Toronto 1920-21 and I believe its fairly uncommon , bottle almost certaintly had a paper label on it originally ,
not sure what the story on this one is , does seem like an odd one , the name and fact it lasted so briefly , for someone to go to all this trouble to become a bottler to just disappear during rather good times the early 20's

RCO

Reaction score
not sure if this helps but I searched the name " khaki " on a name origins site and it comes back as being from Iran . there is a lot of Iranian people in Toronto now but not sure there would of been many in the 20's , but would seem to indicate it was started by an immigrant

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Khaki is a colour, though it's a pretty unappealing colour for a soda bottle label. The one reference I can find to them online said that they were doing all sorts of things as well as bottling soda, like making candy and health drinks, so the lack of specialization could explain why they lasted for such a short time.

RCO

Reaction score
Khaki is a colour, though it's a pretty unappealing colour for a soda bottle label. The one reference I can find to them online said that they were doing all sorts of things as well as bottling soda, like making candy and health drinks, so the lack of specialization could explain why they lasted for such a short time.

I assumed it was a name not a colour but I guess colour makes more sense for a soda bottle label .

pretty sure there was a fair number of short lived bottlers in that time period , a lot just didn't seem to last long and Toronto had a lot of them , many from that era I've yet to even see in person but know the bottles exist as there listed in books I have

mctaggart67

Reaction score
Hmmm, just a few years before this company started, hundreds of thousands of Canadians were in khaki.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac