Kijiji Find....Nice Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
I'm not sure what year Woodlond used that bottle , I don't think that version is as common as the others

have all kinds of those browns bottles , was finding them in the lakes here , most I found in one specific location but found others around various other spots , it was a large bottler and seems to have sold pop throughout Muskoka area , even into the Parry Sound area and as far North as Burks Falls /Almaguin highlands

there main drink seems to have been an Orange pop , but also had other flavours and a ginger ale which came in a green bottle

sandchip

Reaction score
I've never seen an Evangeline soda, and not to digress here, but the story, Envangeline, by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow is one of the best that I've ever read with imagery that really just sweeps you back to the early days of this nation, much like when you're out in the wilderness and can almost forget that you're in modern times. Thanks for sharing your finds with us.

JKL

Reaction score
I'm not sure what year Woodlond used that bottle , I don't think that version is as common as the others

have all kinds of those browns bottles , was finding them in the lakes here , most I found in one specific location but found others around various other spots , it was a large bottler and seems to have sold pop throughout Muskoka area , even into the Parry Sound area and as far North as Burks Falls /Almaguin highlands

there main drink seems to have been an Orange pop , but also had other flavours and a ginger ale which came in a green bottle
RCO, I googled Woodlond Beverages and found there was a green bottle with white lettering, just like the clear bottle I bought.
Thanks for the info on Brown's. I have at least one other variation of their bottles. No green ones though.

JKL

Reaction score
I've never seen an Evangeline soda, and not to digress here, but the story, Envangeline, by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow is one of the best that I've ever read with imagery that really just sweeps you back to the early days of this nation, much like when you're out in the wilderness and can almost forget that you're in modern times. Thanks for sharing your finds with us.
Sandchip, being you are familiar with Evangeline you know this was written about the expulsion of the Acadians, French settlers and French Native mix people in the north east US (Maine) and Maritime provinces in Canada. Nova Scotia and New Brunswick still are home to many Acadians. There is a driving trail in Nova Scotia that follows the Bay of Fundy called the Evageline Trail. In the 1930s Nova Scotia had a soda called Acadia that used the exact same bottle as the Evangeline bottle I showed but with the Acadia name. I will post it tomorrow along with a variation of the Evangeline bottle which I believe is a bit older. The Evangeline bottles are from St Catharines Ontario near Niagara Falls. Half a country away from Nova Scotia. I would however say there likely a connection.

JKL

Reaction score
Here are the Acadia and Evangeline bottles. The Acadia bottle has a similar shape and the brand looks similar as far as location but the bottle's design pattern is different. I always thought it was the same until I put them together. Ooops.
The bottles all say Evangeline Beverages. All have the Evangeline logo.
I am just getting to understand Dominion Glass bottle dating thanks to Canadacan. The 12oz Evangeline base from left to right has a 0, a dot, Dominion Glass logo and a 3. Not sure if this means Oct 1933 or something else.
The 6 oz Evangeline is hard to make out. I'm thinking C, Dominion Glass Logo, 7
The Acadia bottle is Consumers Glass but I can't make out anything else.

IMG_0116.JPG
IMG_0117.JPG
IMG_0119.JPG
IMG_0121.JPG
IMG_0122.JPG

embe

Reaction score
I've got a few of those Evangeline embossed, along with an ACL. I'll check the bottoms when I get a chance. I'd guess at least 40's for the embossed ones.

RCO

Reaction score
RCO, I googled Woodlond Beverages and found there was a green bottle with white lettering, just like the clear bottle I bought.
Thanks for the info on Brown's. I have at least one other variation of their bottles. No green ones though.

most of the browns bottles from the 40's - 60's era are pretty common but they have a neat look to them , is some older ones which are a lot harder to find , they were around for a long time

embe

Reaction score
I've got a few of those Evangeline embossed, along with an ACL. I'll check the bottoms when I get a chance. I'd guess at least 40's for the embossed ones.

I ended up with 4 different sizes. The 6 oz is embossed Evangeline on the bottom, pretty much like yours. 7 oz looks like your Acadia bottle but marked Evangeline, nothing really decipherable on the bottom. 10 oz is the ACL with some info on the bottom. 12 oz also has some info but I'd need to do some more research.

Attachments

• 6oz.jpg
    6oz.jpg
    482.1 KB · Views: 219
  • 7oz bottom.jpg
    7oz bottom.jpg
    430.4 KB · Views: 205
  • 10oz ACL.jpg
    10oz ACL.jpg
    859.3 KB · Views: 259
  • 12oz.jpg
    12oz.jpg