Knoxville Show Pics.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

madman

Reaction score

1B65FB79E5294BE4893A3BAF0D6C8F39.jpg

Attachments

• 1B65FB79E5294BE4893A3BAF0D6C8F39.jpg
    1B65FB79E5294BE4893A3BAF0D6C8F39.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 90

madman

Reaction score

4A705D4762714CE7870CD0C6AC19F834.jpg

Attachments

• 4A705D4762714CE7870CD0C6AC19F834.jpg
    4A705D4762714CE7870CD0C6AC19F834.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 87

annie44

Reaction score
Brian,
That is an amber Drakes?? It looks completely blue to me. Is the patina from being in the ground? Does that increase or decrease the value? I know on some of the black glass bottles, the value increases with some patina.
Cindy

babybottlegal

Reaction score
HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT TIME AT THE KNOXVILLE SHOW. I HAVE BEEN HELPING WITH THE SHOW FOR ABOUT 6 YRS, THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE
HAD A TABLE. AS USUAL, BOUGHT MORE THAN SOLD. MISS THE PEOPLE FROM ENGLAND.

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: annie44

Brian,
That is an amber Drakes?? It looks completely blue to me. Is the patina from being in the ground? Does that increase or decrease the value? I know on some of the black glass bottles, the value increases with some patina.
Cindy

Cindy ,
Yes it was Amber . But the entire bottle was covered with irredesence . I personal think it doesn't add or subtract from the value on that bottle anyway ( just a matter of opinion I guess). It could be tumbled and done away with if so desired. I didn't see any ground etching on the bottle . Ed said , he was going to wash it after the show if it didn't sell ..... because it had shiney spots from the oil from the people handling it .

TNGeneWhiz

Reaction score
Hi, Aric!

Thanks for the really kind words about our show. It was a huge success -- dealers were happy, visitor feedback was great, the TV coverage was amazing, and the inner-city missions fund got several hundred dollars from the concessions area.

As promised, we had TONS of bottles of all sizes, shapes, ages, origins, and purposes. We also had a nice mix of "other" stuff that bottle collectors like and not-bottles to keep the "collectibles" shoppers happy.

We were also pleased to discover our club could get back to basics successfully. "Knoxville in June" had become a huge event during the past few years, plus we missed 2006. So, the success of a smaller and not-widely-advertised show was a pleasant -- and welcome -- reaffirmation that we haven't lost it!

Thanks also for posting the pictures -- I haven't had time to get mine uploaded to our Web site yet.

Next year, we hope to have an even better show. We're already planning it, and the dates are June 6-7 at the same venue. We don't expect we'll have much more in the way of table space, so if anybody who didn't have one this year wants one next year, please hurry up and get on our list (join our club!).

If you live in the area, we hope you'll join our club and attend our meetings. We've got some fun things planned for the rest of this year -- including a field trip to view a Civil War expert's renowned collection in Middle Tennessee.

I need to upload membership info to our site! Argh! [sm=rolleyes.gif]

TNGeneWhiz

Reaction score
Hi, Aric!

Sorry you haven't gotten a reply yet. I get the club's e-mails. I can see yours now -- my Internet service was hosed from Wednesday until today, so I couldn't download messages. That is NOT good when you're trying to put together last minute details of a show! But, we survived -- thank goodness for libraries and others who let you beg a minute or two of on-line time!

Send $15.00 to ETABCS, c/o Cindy Proteau, 314 Patty Rd., Knoxville, TN 37924. Our next meeting info is on the Web site (www.etabcs.org). The "program" is bring show-and-tell items/stories about the show to share with others.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi