KolaWars Books

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

kolawars

Reaction score
I just published an updated version of my 15-year-old KolaWars: Birmingham book. Currently, there are five different soda related books available on my website www.kolawars.com.

BIRMINGHAM’S KOLA WARS

In 1913, the residents of Birmingham drank more Coca-Cola than those in any city in the world. Crawford Johnson’s Birmingham Coca-Cola Bottling Company had a capacity of 40,000 bottles a day and surpassed even Atlanta in the number of bottles sold.

But the citizens of Birmingham and Jefferson County were drinking more than Coca- Cola, they were also drinking Ala-Cola and Alpha, Cafa-Cola and Cola-Nip, Fan-Taz and Glee- Cola, My-Coca and Nifty-Cola, Pep-To-Lac and Pepsi-Cola, Rye-Ola and Wiseola. No city in the country could compare with the number of brand name and proprietary soft drinks that were produced in the city of Birmingham prior to 1920.

ATLANTA'S KOLA WARS

For the first decade of the twentieth century more Coca-Cola was consumed in Atlanta than any other city. It was the city's most famous product and made Atlanta known around the world in just a few years’ time.

But the citizens of Atlanta were drinking more than Coca-Cola - they were also drinking Afri-Kola and Koca-Nola, Celery=Cola and Capacola, Fan-Taz and Pep-To-Lac, Dope and Koke, Jit-A-Cola and Ko-Nut, Nova-Kola and Rye-Ola. In addition to Asa Candler’s Coca-Cola they were drinking Daniel’s Koko-Kolo, Venable's Coca-Kola, and Standard Coca-Cola. Lee Hagan claimed to sell ten thousand drinks of his Red Rock Ginger Ale in Atlanta every day.

THE ORIGINAL COCA-COLA WOMAN

The true account of Diva Brown and her life as the self-proclaimed “Original Coca-Cola Woman” This book offers new insight and information on the origin of Coca-Cola and its many competitors.

The book touches on the history of numerous soft drink brands associated with Diva Brown and Coca-Cola: My-Coca, Sherro, Celery Coca, Murphy’s Coca-Cola, Fletcher’s Coca-Cola, Mo-Cola, Orange Cola, Orange Smash, Deacon Brown, Gleeola, Gay-Ola, Brainol, Glee-Nol, Vera-Coca, Celery=Cola, KOKE, Wine Coca, and Lima Cola.

SODA LABELS 1905

Presented here in full color is the complete set of over 300 Soda Labels offered to bottlers in 1905 by the Liquid Carbonic Company of Chicago. These pages have been painstakingly cleaned and restored to their original brightness.

Just a year later, in 1906, requirements of the Pure Food Act prompted changes in these labels to comply with the new law. Bottlers would order these labels to match the same flavor extracts purchased from Liquid Carbonic.

COCA COLA IN ALABAMA

Here is the story of the early days of Coca-Cola in bottles in the 1880s and 1890s. Included is a description of the early bottling process, distribution, the franchise, and illustrations of bottles and merchandising. Following is the local story of ninety Alabama towns where Coca-Cola was bottled. Over 200 bottles used for Coca-Cola and soda water are pictured.

For information go to my website:

www.KolaWars.com

b.jpegs.jpegd.jpegc.jpega.jpeg

Attachments

• b.jpeg
    b.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 102

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members