kumysgen bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottle34nut

Reaction score
i recently found this at a flea market. anyone have any ideas? bottleembossed US
USE 16 TABLETS. FILL TO LINE
SIPHON KUMYSGEN BOTTLE(in arch)
FOR PREPARING
KUMYSS FROM
KUMYSGEN (in crossand crescent moon)
REED & CARNICK, N.Y.

463A8DB9D7874AC883B1B07C4754BCD1.jpg

Attachments

• 463A8DB9D7874AC883B1B07C4754BCD1.jpg
    463A8DB9D7874AC883B1B07C4754BCD1.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 104

Oldtimer

Reaction score
I remember this stuff being talked about on "All in the family"...Gloria looked up a word she thought meathead wouldn't know..this word> Kumyss....he heard her and she got all mad...I remember the word meaning fermented goats milk or some such...

Can you say NASTY ???[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]

Awesome bottle! I would love to find one![:D]

capsoda

Reaction score
Yeah, it's the same as Zoolak. Kumysgen {kumyss} is Russian and the recipe is the same as Zoolak. [&:]

Give me a Coke anyday.

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
I have this bottle as well. It's value is usually around $40? It also comes in cobalt, worth alot more, maybe $200.

Without doing the research, I have always referred to it as a "camels milk beverage" bottle, a beverage used in the Mid East somewhere ( just based anecdotally on when bottle folks have told me over the years). Dates to 1890 or so.
An interesting piece for sure, but I agree with Cap, give me a Coke and a smile any day
Bram

bottlboy 2

Reaction score
Hey nut, how's it going? From one nut to another, I'm from NJ too. I have one of these but it's deep cobalt blue and is shaped totally
different from yours. What other types of bottles do you look for? I have alot of NJ bottles, and might even be willing to part with a
few. But getting back to your bottle, If you would ever like to sell it or trade it off for one of mine, we might be able to work out deal.
Kumyss was made from fermented mares milk (horse milk) I think it's still consumed today by the people of certain asian/middle east
regions. But back in the day, this stuff was believed to cure a bunch of different ailments. Did you get the email message I sent? I said that I'm a newcomer to this whole forum thing and was hoping that since we're both Jersey boyz that you might be willing to talk me through this. I checked off to be notified via email if I get a reply to this, so maybe we can get a little dialouge going sometime
later today. Take it easy, C

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky