KY soda / mineral water bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ScottBSA

Reaction score
Great collection of sodas. Looks like they are all before 1880. I hope you have a great place to display them.

Scott

antlerman23

Reaction score
I love that backwards "S" on that Schanzenbacher! I have an 1880s blob soda with the same error! I love embossing errors :p IMG_2382[1].jpg

antlerman23

Reaction score
Where's that from antlerman? Cool bottle.
Its from Stillwater Minnesota! Its still my only blob soda from Minnesota, they are all quite rare and tough to get.
That last soda you have in your original post is crazy. Is it a poorly executed gravitating stopper bottle? Or a mutant hutch? Whatever it is, I love it :cool:

sparrow75

Reaction score
Its from Stillwater Minnesota! Its still my only blob soda from Minnesota, they are all quite rare and tough to get.
That last soda you have in your original post is crazy. Is it a poorly executed gravitating stopper bottle? Or a mutant hutch? Whatever it is, I love it :cool:

A few very knowledgeable KY collectors said it is a gravitating stopper, but it's listed on hutchbook as a hutch because it doesn't have the Matthew's patent info base embossing. I'm not totally sure but know it's a tough one.

Last edited:

jblaylock

Reaction score
sparrow75,

I'm in process of collecting Epping's bottles. I know there was an H. Epping Hutch from Louisville. Any idea how rare these are, and/or how to find one?

sparrow75

Reaction score
sparrow75,

I'm in process of collecting Epping's bottles. I know there was an H. Epping Hutch from Louisville. Any idea how rare these are, and/or how to find one?

Yeah, hutchbook lists 9 embossing variations. I have 3 variations, but I got them at one time from a collection I bought. I'm not sure on their rarity for sure, but I don't think I've seen one pop up on ebay in the past few years I've been tracking KY hutches. So, I'd guess they aren't super commonn. Good luck, and I'll keep my eyes out.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu