Lafayette Jar

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

icollectfruitjars

Reaction score
I'm still going through the boxes of bottles that I collected when I was a kid.
(Back then if it was in one piece and it looked good I kept it. That's still pretty much the extent of my knowledge when it comes to old bottles and fruit jars.)
I found this Lafayette jar with the number 4 on the bottom. I can't seem to find much information about it.
I believe it's a Pint jar. It is 6" tall and the base measures close to 3 1/4" across.
I don't think I would sell it but I am interested in it's value, if any.
Thanks,

Jim

View attachment 234042
View attachment 234043
View attachment 234044
View attachment 234045
View attachment 234046
Jim, still a good find. Lids can be found for $75 or less. Be aware there are two versions on the Lafayette lid. There is one with 2 "wings" or horizontal tabs on the metal portion of the lid - these are for a different jar. You are looking for the 4 "winged" version (a.k.a. the "sherrif's badge" version which fit these jars.

mrechenard

Reaction score
I ordered a Red Book 12 and it came in yesterday. I'm new to this so I'm not familiar with all of the terminology they used to describe the jar.
I guess I'll try to find a closure, if possible.
I really appreciate the info.
thanks,
Red Book 13 is now out. By Dave Eifler. There are several listings for Lafayettes. Yours is the same one I have 1452. go to this link and scroll down 6 pages. sha.org/bottle/pdffiles/LOther.pdf

Attachments

• laf .jpg
    laf .jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 61

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky