Lankin - embossed soda bottle Huntsville Ont

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
dug this up the other day, broken but a neat example of the bottle and company name , been a while since I found one in the wild or in an antique store . first heard about it in 2012 when I was digging up the same dump and found a broken part of one .

never been able to find much information on this bottler , although there is listings in some bottle books about it . is one for Lankin & Hathway for the 20's and one for Lankin V.B co for the 20's > 30's both in Huntsville Ontario but unsure of there exact years of operation but likely started in 20's and ended in the 30's

there is 2 versions of this bottle which look almost identical , the one says " Lankin & Hathway " contents 7 oz , and second one just says " Lankin " on both sides and contents 7 oz , no marker mark but pretty sure it was made by dominion glass as there is a similar bottle for National Beverages made by them . note it does not say Huntsville on either of the bottles

tried to research this bottler in local history books or library which has old newspapers from the 20's and 30's but yet to ever find anything although is likely something in those old papers about it just never found it yet .

also a picture of a Lankin & Hathway bottle I found at an antique store a couple years ago

DSC03729.JPG
DSC03730.JPG
lankinhathwayB.JPG
lankinhathwayB.JPG
lankinhathwayB1.JPG
lankinhathwayB1.JPG
DSC03744.JPG

Donas12

Reaction score
Always makes it intriguing when you have a bottle and can’t find information on the bottler...

RCO

Reaction score
Always makes it intriguing when you have a bottle and can’t find information on the bottler...

there isn't a lot out there on this one, aside from the listing in directories .

think that I also found a marriage , birth record from it and death record for the owner .

felt there might be something in those old papers but trying to search thru them at library using the microfilm machine took forever and I'd get distracted reading all these odd stories in the old papers

RCO

Reaction score

one of the few things I ever found was a listing for them in a local history book . it had a listing of all businesses in the region from 1924-25 era ,

also says Huntsville population at time was only 2236 but that didn't include some smaller villages now part of town but even if you include them it still be less than 3000 at time so they didn't have a lot of potential customers although was always more people here during the summer and at hotels so summer pop higher

for Huntsville there is the following listing

Lankin V. B. ............................ Mfr Bevs

DSC03770.JPG

Last edited:

RCO

Reaction score
on the weekend found another " lankin & Hathway " bottle , this one was lying broken in 2 pieces in a muddy area in the woods when I found it

cleaned it up and decided to try gluing the 2 pieces together and it seems to have worked and now 1 piece , although it a lot of damage , chips , cracks etc but considering how uncommon it is to find , a neat example bottle

DSC04276.JPG

DSC04293.JPG

DSC04294.JPG

DSC04296.JPG
DSC04299.JPG

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members