Large Metal item found in the woods

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
i'm not exactly sure what this is , noticed it when walking thru a vacant lot down the street from me . had wanted to go thru it cause i recalled years ago there used to be a building on it and home which was moved to make way for a highway project which has yet to ever be built .

its really big and heavy , obviously left it there and unlike its even movable without major equipment , not sure what it is , about 15 ft long and possibly some sort of post or maybe sewer pipe ?

didn't find much else some modern beer cans/ bottles , broken javex bottle and a pepsi can from 90's , didn't see much if anything else metal on that lot which was a surprise

funny part was i parked at a nearby store and was cleaning up some litter and found a $ 10 canadian bill in the grass so that paid for the trip

IMG_20220923_130611.jpg

willong

Reaction score
A light post or torque tube (enclosed driveshaft) would be my guess. A light post seems more likely as it appears in the photo to be very long. If it's a torque tube, it would have to be for a very large vehicle.

Mailman1960

Reaction score
i'm not exactly sure what this is , noticed it when walking thru a vacant lot down the street from me . had wanted to go thru it cause i recalled years ago there used to be a building on it and home which was moved to make way for a highway project which has yet to ever be built .

its really big and heavy , obviously left it there and unlike its even movable without major equipment , not sure what it is , about 15 ft long and possibly some sort of post or maybe sewer pipe ?

didn't find much else some modern beer cans/ bottles , broken javex bottle and a pepsi can from 90's , didn't see much if anything else metal on that lot which was a surprise

funny part was i parked at a nearby store and was cleaning up some litter and found a $ 10 canadian bill in the grass so that paid for the trip

View attachment 240251
[/Q
A axel for a really big car.

Light post.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I was thinking lightpost as well but it looks like there are open slats on the end piece if I'm interpreting the photo right. That would be pretty weird for a lightpost to have, so I'm leaning towards it being a driveshaft of some sort.

Newtothiss

Reaction score

View attachment 240251
Logging related?

I've found a handful of similar looking things lately.

Mailman1960

Reaction score
I was thinking lightpost as well but it looks like there are open slats on the end piece if I'm interpreting the photo right. That would be pretty weird for a lightpost to have, so I'm leaning towards it being a driveshaft of some sort.

View attachment 240251

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Part of a long down hill H2O pipe from an up hill source?
Light pole in the middle of the woods? :confused:-- Hey Yogi? You done with that newspaper?:) ..Found a $10. bill?-I guess the Ranger's Station was closed. ;)

Last edited:

RCO

Reaction score
years ago the property did have large vehicles stored on in like school buses and other things so maybe it could of been from one of them

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi