Last couple of months AND I'M BEING A SHOW OFF

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Blackglass

Reaction score
Hey yeah so, I'm bored and feel like showing off several okay acquisitions from the last couple of months. Why not? It's been rather slow bottle collecting wise for me these days, mostly due to the bad weather not permitting me to get out of the house and my 2 jobs cutting me off from hitting the antique stores like I used to. Anyways, I actually got out to a good antique store today that has brought me some great deals in the past and I got these 4 MA blob beers for $20. They're all non-dug and in excellent shape, especially the Callahan. The Otis S. Neale is the oldest one here. I have a later variant when Neale started using a designated mold for his embossing as opposed to a slug plate, which is quite common as far as blob beers go. All the lightning closures still work on 'em, which is pretty nice.
Y7wKikW.jpg
Here's another MA blob top I picked up last month, H. Sheehan from Worcester. This one was dug and the bail and cam on the lightning closure rusted to rigidity. A little rough, but no serious damage.
fRWHYPa.png
Last of the blob beers is a Bottler bottle with a strange slug plate embossing. I've seen the slanted-type embossing on Hutchinsons, but never on a champagne beer like this. It's from NH too, which is a massive plus for me as getting NH bottles that aren't out of Manchester, Concord, or Portsmouth seems to be rather difficult.
cw4m41P.jpg
I also acquired 2 damaged pontiled meds: a more common A. Trask's Magnetic Ointment and a far more difficult to find Mrs. MN Gardners Indian Balsam of Liverwort. Fortunately the damage on the latter isn't as bad as on the Trask's. Damned flared lip finishes and your fragility!
mD1mp2o.jpg
:c
XVf3MKB.jpg
C:
mG6zfGM.jpg
The MN Gardners and the two following bottles I found in an antique booth at a rather large antique store in Concord. The owner of the booth passed away and the family was selling off the rest of his stuff he had lying around at home, and judging by how unbelievably low they were priced (I think I paid something like $36 combined for all 3), it's safe to say they really didn't know much about bottles. First is a very river-worn pony-style soda: H&D Savannah Geo. As much as I love attic-condition bottles, ones that have been through so much like as seen here just have so much more character to them.
tXuCH68.png
Aaaaaand lastly, a large size Dr. Hartshorn's "Berlin Series" med. I need a little help with this one. I was looking around for examples of these that sold on Ebay, and every single example was pontiled. It would seem logical that this one would be pontiled, but I honestly can't tell. It's certainly "Smooth", but there is an odd indent that is directly in the center of the base. I got some close ups for it so you people can see. Mold-blowing error/goof up or the smoothest pontil mark ever?
NflYjLX.jpg
wubppra.jpg
xwQtD6s.jpg
BALANCED! ``Mike

truedigr

Reaction score
Sweet blobs. I sold an Otis Neal just like that one a few months ago. I listed about 20 - 30 Mass. blobs a few months ago as well. Three sold to non Mass. buyers. Still have about 20 Boston blobs, but because of the non interest, I will try again later. RC

truedigr

Reaction score
Sweet blobs. I sold an Otis Neal just like that one a few months ago. I listed about 20 - 30 Mass. blobs a few months ago as well. Three sold to non Mass. buyers. Still have about 20 Boston blobs, but because of the non interest, I will try again later. RC

truedigr

Reaction score
Neat how the Sweeney has corner embossed at a slant like that. First bottle I have seen like that. RC

sandchip

Reaction score
Nice. You're welcome to show off anytime!

sunrunner

Reaction score
the h& d pony from savannah is listed a scars , 30 to 60 bucks .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18