Late 1800's ??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Halfempty

Reaction score
Hello All,

Maybe Horseradish?? I couldn't find anything online that looks exactly like it.
It's 8" tall and has eight sides.

No glass marks on bottle. Could this be late 1800's?? 8 5.jpg8 3.jpg8 2.jpg8 1.jpg

Skoda

Reaction score
Looks to be an early machine made piece with the ejector ring mark on the base and seam on the lip. I'd estimate 1910's-1920's due to all the bubbles in the glass, an imperfection automatic bottle machines would improve upon later. Horseradish would be a fair guess as to it's contents, as would be pickled goods or thicker sauces. The mold seam on it is interesting with the body, neck, and (what appears to be) lip seams being all misaligned from one another- some sort of long obsolete automatic bottle manufacturing technique/quirk.

Halfempty

Reaction score
Looks to be an early machine made piece with the ejector ring mark on the base and seam on the lip. I'd estimate 1910's-1920's due to all the bubbles in the glass, an imperfection automatic bottle machines would improve upon later. Horseradish would be a fair guess as to it's contents, as would be pickled goods or thicker sauces. The mold seam on it is interesting with the body, neck, and (what appears to be) lip seams being all misaligned from one another- some sort of long obsolete automatic bottle manufacturing technique/quirk.
Yes,
the lip seam almost looks like a mistake but I wasn't sure if that was common for the time.
They must have made it on a Monday.
Thanks

Bohdan

Reaction score
We call them "transitional" bottles . Not fully automatic.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger