Late Summer Finds...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
Another beauty day in the river! I entered the water off an old steamer dock that acted as a platform for my finds pic. A boater asked me to find his deck umbrella that blew into the river during a windstorm; in the process of locating it, I stumbled on a previously unknown dump site! Not the oldest items I've seen, but lots of fun picking through the area. The crock was mostly buried & I almost missed it. Nothing beats the cool river waters on a hot, late summer day!

Attachments

• Late Summer Finds....jpg
    Late Summer Finds....jpg
    477.8 KB · Views: 207

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
That's a great site you have there! Great recoveries!
Indeed, she's one honey of a river. Lots of history in the area. Some winters she doesn't freeze-over, so I'll take a shovel & dig a path down from the road to the waters edge. Current is usually moving well & plant growth has mostly disappeared or laid down, and the visibility improves - just hope I don't spring a leak in my drysuit!

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
WOW! Right now, if not before, many of us are thinking "I should have taken up the bubbler!" --Great haul DSD! Congrats. :)

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
WOW! Right now, if not before, many of us are thinking "I should have taken up the bubbler!" --Great haul DSD! Congrats. :)
Thanks Len! Ya know, it's never too late to strap one on and take the plunge!

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
That's some quick karma on your good deed!
Haha, yes indeed! He wanted me to do a bunch of work around his dock right after the umbrella salvage, but I declined; had I not, might I have found the pot of gold?? We’ll never know…

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac