Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Latest trend

Steve/sewell

Jan 23, 2010
These are starting to pop up on ebay now,and if Jeff Wichman of (American Bottle auctions)can be fooled by a larger loaf of bread looking similar bottle anyone could be.These are garbage and avoid them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/OLD-BOTTLE-HAND-BLOWN-BOTTLE-CLEAR-PURPLE-GLASS-/310257929410?pt=Antiques_Decorative_Arts&hash=item483cd04cc2

appliedlips

Jan 30, 2005
Jeff has been either getting fooled for years. I have seen plenty of non period bottles in their auctions.

Wangan

Dec 4, 2009
Northern Maine
HA! Half irradiated to make a two-tone bottle?Designer fakes,whats next,fake certificates of authenticity to go along with them?[:D][:D][:D]

mtfdfire22

Feb 7, 2011
munger MI
hey! i bought one of those and thought it was real. Took it to a couple collectors and they thought it was real and claimed it was probably worth something. Sold it on ebay for $50 bucks and had an offer from american bottle auctions for $100. Now i feel bad for making $50 bucks off the thing. Sorry to American bottle auctions as well. i feel dumb

saratogadriver

Sep 10, 2009
Listing removed...

Was these one of the repro half post method bottles that have been discussed a couple of times on here lately? They are showing up more and more but no one seems to be able to id a country of origin.

Jim G

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alisonwoodrock