Lawrance Internal screw top bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
A friend from Massachusetts gave this bottle to me as a gift about 25 years ago. I haven't been able to find any information on it other than the screw tops were vulcanized. This top says 'Jaycon'.

Attachments

• 0519201805.jpg
    0519201805.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 292
  • 0519201804.jpg
    0519201804.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 236

treeguyfred

Reaction score
hey friend, that's pretty interesting bottle with the internal threads and vulcanized rubber stopper! I haven't come across them that late. Is it ABM? it looks like that is machine made. Can you remove the stopper or is it stuck inside? Can you post a pic of the bottom as well? What is the embossing on the side? I can't get a good look at it.
I've got a few bottles with the internal screw threads but they are BIM bottles.
Thanks for starting this thread, hope to see more photos of this bottle. And judging from the pic you chose for your User ID, I'd like to see what else ya got! Oh, and welcome to Antique-Bottles.net
~Fred

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Jaycon table water vulcanite screwtop stopper. Invented by Henry Barrett in 1872 it was an internal screw vulcanized stopper. Vulcanisation was patented by Charles Goodyear in 1846. The process involved heating the rubber up to 115 degrees celcius with sulphur and linseed oil. This resulted in a more durable material. I could not find anything on lawrence but i like the embossing please replace screw.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Table water was a mixture of drinking water and/or mineral water and saltwater, can contain added mineral salts and carbonic acid.
ROBBYBOBBY64

treeguyfred

Reaction score
Nice bit of info Robby... I've been kinda busy this morning trying to make some breakfast for my gal and chasing the cat that stole part of my breakfast, so I didn't do the investigating:)
Incidentally I grew up in Bloomingdale, NJ less than a mile from the American hard rubber company in Butler, NJ and every afternoon/evening at 5 pm they would sound their siren for end of work day and release the vulcanizing vats ( what a stink!)

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Nice bit of info Robby... I've been kinda busy this morning trying to make some breakfast for my gal and chasing the cat that stole part of my breakfast, so I didn't do the investigating:)
Incidentally I grew up in Bloomingdale, NJ less than a mile from the American hard rubber company in Butler, NJ and every afternoon/evening at 5 pm they would sound their siren for end of work day and release the vulcanizing vats ( what a stink!)
What part did he steal. My cat Rodger likes bacon, sausage and egg yoke. Is nothing sacred anymore.

Reaction score
Thank you SO MUCH for the info!!! I'll post more pictures of the bottle and top separately. The bottle is beautifully preserved, no scratches, rust, bites, cracks, or discoloration. The top moves freely and screws nicely into the bottle. This bottle may have never been used, Who knows. It doesn't appear to have ever been in the ground. I could be wrong.

Reaction score
hey friend, that's pretty interesting bottle with the internal threads and vulcanized rubber stopper! I haven't come across them that late. Is it ABM? it looks like that is machine made. Can you remove the stopper or is it stuck inside? Can you post a pic of the bottom as well? What is the embossing on the side? I can't get a good look at it.
I've got a few bottles with the internal screw threads but they are BIM bottles.
Thanks for starting this thread, hope to see more photos of this bottle. And judging from the pic you chose for your User ID, I'd like to see what else ya got! Oh, and welcome to Antique-Bottles.net
~Fred
Thanks for the nice welcome!

Reaction score
~Fred
I have attached the photos you requested. Thanks for your interest. I love this bottle. I live about an hour from New Orleans, so I would have to say that my favorites would be my French bottles, especially my Absinthe bottle.

Attachments

• 0522201939a.jpg
    0522201939a.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 217
  • 0522201940.jpg
    0522201940.jpg
    810 KB · Views: 198
  • 0522201941_HDR.jpg
    0522201941_HDR.jpg
    888.8 KB · Views: 224
  • 0522201942b.jpg
    0522201942b.jpg
    500.7 KB · Views: 256

treeguyfred

Reaction score
I have attached the photos you requested. Thanks for your interest. I love this bottle. I live about an hour from New Orleans, so I would have to say that my favorites would be my French bottles, especially my Absinthe bottle.
Great photos thank you! I like to see photos of bottles that I've not come across. That is a very cool piece despite being machine made.
I'm hoping someday to see New Orleans before its completely under water!
~Fred

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi