LEE'S Medicine

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Here is the Last ad ran by Noah Ridgely on Tuesday, October 7, 1834 Charleston Courier (Charleston, SC)

B639FCE1F76B4D3E90720F81D782D1F9.jpg

Attachments

• B639FCE1F76B4D3E90720F81D782D1F9.jpg
    B639FCE1F76B4D3E90720F81D782D1F9.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 92

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: baltbottles

Blade here is a picture of my example. would like a mint one if anyone has one they are willing to part with.

Chris

B5155B5938EC40CFA84848233A6DE442.jpg
Here is the Lee Timeline best I can put together Chris,Matt and Chris

Richard Lee forms the Business in Baltimore 1799 Richard Lee and Company
Richard Lee Junior and Hannah Lee operate The lee medicine business out of New York City.1800-1806
Richard Lee Junior dies his wife Hannah Begins to oversee the business in New York.
A new company in Baltimore is formed in 1806 named Richard Lee and son
In 1810 Michael Lee becomes the new owner of the Baltimore business which is the only one operating now.
Some time in the early part of 1814 Noah Ridgely takes over the business which is now known as Noah Ridgely Sole proprietor of the late firm of Michael Lee
Noah Ridgely places his last ad in a Charleston S. Carolina in 1834 and the business is still named Noah Ridgely Sole proprietor of the late firm of Michael Lee

Chris and Chris your bottles were made between 1814 and 1834 as I feel the Lee family would not have approved of the embossing of Noah Ridgely on their bottles while they were still owners, Chris Rowell your example looks to be a 1814 to 1820 example Great looking I might add!!! That H Lee bottle from New York which I strongly feel stands for Hannah Lee has got to be the rarest one of all,probably made for only two to three years while she was the proprietor of the New York Division. Thanks for posting your picture Chris,and can I use it for a more polished version of this write up on my website

Baltimore Lees Mystery solved!!

spage

Reaction score
Here is the Lee Timeline best I can put together Chris,Matt and Chris

Richard Lee forms the Business in Baltimore 1799 Richard Lee and Company
Richard Lee Junior and Hannah Lee operate The lee medicine business out of New York City.1800-1806
Richard Lee Junior dies his wife Hannah Begins to oversee the business in New York.
A new company in Baltimore is formed in 1806 named Richard Lee and son
In 1810 Michael Lee becomes the new owner of the Baltimore business which is the only one operating now.
Some time in the early part of 1814 Noah Ridgely takes over the business which is now known as Noah Ridgely Sole proprietor of the late firm of Michael Lee
Noah Ridgely places his last ad in a Charleston S. Carolina in 1834 and the business is still named Noah Ridgely Sole proprietor of the late firm of Michael Lee

Chris and Chris your bottles were made between 1814 and 1834 as I feel the Lee family would not have approved of the embossing of Noah Ridgely on their bottles while they were still owners, Chris Rowell your example looks to be a 1814 to 1820 example Great looking I might add!!! That H Lee bottle from New York which I strongly feel stands for Hannah Lee has got to be the rarest one of all,probably made for only two to three years while she was the proprietor of the New York Division. Thanks for posting your picture Chris,and can I use it for a more polished version of this write up on my website

Baltimore Lees Mystery solved!!
Hi Steve,
My husband is related to the Lee family. I (his wife) research for historical authors and am currently researching the Lee family for a professor in England. I can certainly clarify all of your information. Since this is an older message, are you still available to communicate? Thanks. Sharon Page, pages.ca@gmail.com

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac