Leg Bone

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ncpoisonman

Reaction score
HI, Here is a better picture of the bone poison. All joking aside! This pottery shaped bone poison is authentic. AS I said before it was dug out of a 1970,s North Carolina town dump. It does stand on it's four feet. If it was ever used it would have been filled with a liquid because pills would not fit in the mouth opening. The mouth opening is only 1/4 inch wide. The base is 1 1/8 inches from the tip of one foot to the tip of the opposite foot. It has great patena on it too show it's age. As I said before in the late 80's or early 90's a similar bone bottle showed up at a northern bottle show but it was not for sale. Maybe this was a prototype sample sent too different drug stores to see if they were interested in purchasing this bottle in a glass form. Your guess is as good as mine! All I know for sure as this bottle is real and authentic!!! Thanks for the feedback that I have already received on this bottle and the two 7 1/2 inch amber norwich coffins that I listed! As far as my entire collection of poison bottles, the bone and the norwich coffins are my favorites!!! Thanks for looking!!! ncpoisonman

Xv63014.jpg

Attachments

• Xv63014.jpg
    Xv63014.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 240

deepwoods

Reaction score
Hey N.C - Looks like youve certainly earned your nickname! Beautiful find. Please let us know if you find out anymore about it. What I love about this hobby is that you never know what weird,mysterious thing will pop up. My best dug poison so far is a 6 in, 3 panaled front - round back,emerald green Paine Drug Co. But I think youve got me beat - at least till tomarrow when I dig that large size cobalt skull..

sauceman

Reaction score
Hi
Very unusual and amazing find. Goes to show you should never say never.
Do you think it is strange to find poisons in clay containers, you would think that some of the nasty stuff could possibly seep through the side unless it was perfectly glazed.
Although most stuff in small amounts probably wouldnt hurt you, if it was strychnine or suchlike just a smear on your hand then getting to your mouth would probably be the end of you.
Great bottle anyway

Glenn

ncpoisonman

Reaction score
The legbone poison bottle will be displayed on my table at the Memphis Expo this weekend. Drop by and take a look! Good bottle hunting too everyone and I will see you at the expo!!!!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi