Let's see your unlisted/rarest regional bottles!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottles_inc

Reaction score
Ever dig something local that's never been seen before? Grab a bottle off a shelf at an antique store that's not in the local collector's books? Show them off and lay down some local history! I absolutely love seeing ultra rare bottles from small towns across the states. Here's some of mine. I'm sorry about the picture quality, the laptop I brought up to college doesn't have many photos on it so I had to crop stuff I had already posted on here or treasurenet in the past.

efkeane.jpg

First there's the E. F. Keane. Dug this one, and I'm pretty sure this is the only one around (on the surface, at least). Keane was in partnership with a man named Eugene Henno and they made Keane & Henno bottles from 1890 to 1900. Those bottles are pretty rare in themselves. It appears that Keane had a short run on his on either for a couple years before or after. I'm guessing before, maybe for 2 or 3 years from 1888-1890ish, as I think a record of the business would've existed if it was created after 1900. I've talked to a few pretty prolific Long Island island-wide collectors and they've never seen one, so I think I have the sole surviving example until someone else digs one up.

brokenmack.jpg

Next is this John Mack. Dug this up as well. No listing in LI Beverage Bottles, and no local or online record either. Bummed that it's broken, but I'm still glad to have it. Digging a complete version is definitely on the todo list.

20191210_021515.jpg

Finally is this unique variant of a Patchogue Bottling Co. bottle I found for $4 at an antique store. The company is listed, but the molds are both standard blob tops, not whatever you might call this mutant bottle shape. Neither of the other have "this bottle not to be sold" on them, as this one does on the base, so I think this might be the oldest (and maybe even first) Patchogue Bottle Co. bottle. Gives me hope that there's more unlisted older stuff out there.

Anyways, enough from me. Let's see your one-of-a-kind locals!

Attachments

• efkeane.jpg
    efkeane.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
Here are my one of only, unlisted and unknown bottles I own!

Not unknown, but one of three known to exist. It might be unlisted. Neff was in buisness for less than 5 years in this small CT town:
20200811_182810.jpg

I own the only Branford Pharmacy from Branford, Conn. Known to exsist. It was unknown before I found it:
20200520_193724.jpg

I also own the only embossed Fair Haven, Conn. Druggist known to exist and it has a label cork and contents! Tuttle and Wells were in buisness together for only 16 years. Again unknown until I found one:
20200506_114007.jpg

A monster bottle about 10" tall that is One of only 24 ever made:
20200506_113322.jpg

One of only two known to exist in amber (its from New London, CT):
20200624_134930.jpg

Last edited:

CanadianBottles

Reaction score

Not unknown, but one of three known to exist. It might be unlisted. Neff was in buisness for less than 5 years in this small CT town:
View attachment 212305
I own the only Branford Pharmacy from Branford, Conn. Known to exsist. It was unknown before I found it:
View attachment 212306

I also own the only embossed Fair Haven, Conn. Druggist known to exist and it has a label cork and contents! Tuttle and Wells were in buisness together for only 16 years. Again unknown until I found one:
View attachment 212307

View attachment 212308

View attachment 212310
Those are some nice ones! I'm very curious, how do you know that there were only 24 of the Blair bottles made?

Timelypicken

Reaction score
Here are my two rarest. As far as I know only two are known of the 1st two. One Bottle known of the polline, but we found an add of the company from 1890

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 185
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    867.8 KB · Views: 157
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 178
Last edited:

greendirt330

Reaction score
This straight side Coca Cola from Franklin N.C. Is listed as RR in Porters Coke Bottle Checklist , I believe there are less than five known . I wish the top wasn’t gone and there wasn’t a crack coming down the neck , but for one that rare I’m thankful to have an example
9D19F800-E39F-4560-94D6-4826C4452E4D.png

bottles_inc

Reaction score

View attachment 212305
View attachment 212306

View attachment 212307

View attachment 212308

View attachment 212310
Wow, great collection! That bradfords is incredible.

bottles_inc

Reaction score
This straight side Coca Cola from Franklin N.C. Is listed as RR in Porters Coke Bottle Checklist , I believe there are less than five known . I wish the top wasn’t gone and there wasn’t a crack coming down the neck , but for one that rare I’m thankful to have an example View attachment 212321
A rare coke bottle is pretty great, regardless of damage. I bet the coke collectors are drooling!

Last edited:

Thetf2jack

Reaction score
This bottle is the only one known to exist and from what I’ve learned from my post about it, it was from a company that moved around a lot and not much is available on them, another cool part is that it has been in my family likely since it was drank and still has the original cork with glass stopper. Also has some whiskey residue insideimage.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu