Libya, Another WTH? Bloodshed Riddle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Penn Digger

Reaction score
I was reading about the this Mustafa Abdul-Jalil who is the "head" of the National Transitional Council in Libya. His "deputy" Ali Tarhouni said "Sometimes to avoid bloodshed you must shed blood, and the faster we do this, the less blood we shed." Please explain your thoughts on this. Is it similar to the faster we die the less people will die. I get what the guy is trying to say, but to me it doesn't make much sense. Then again many of these folks think with religion and not their own brains mixed with common sense. Don't get me wrong, I am glad they are running that dirty, murderous drug addict out after his more than 40 year party.

PD

rockbot

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Penn Digger

Don't get me wrong, I am glad they are running that dirty, murderous drug addict out after his more than 40 year party.

PD

The problem is they usually get replaced by another dirt bag!

cordilleran

Reaction score
Somewhere in the Great American Southwest
A most peculiar phenomenon ideologically based. Islam is an end-time religion. Founded upon that praecie, fundamentalist muslims are intent on bringing upon their own generation the end times. Hook or crook, they will spill their life resources to fulfill the Koran's promise, that being Armageddon -- the final battle between good and evil. Keep in mind that fundamentalists Muslims (virtually all globally) substantively foster faith in an epihany-rich and sanguinary epic battle which prophetically results in a cosmological victory for Islam on the battlefields of terra firma. Islam, as the dialogue unfolds, will prevail --as goodness must in a terribly imperfect world -- and the surviving remnants of infidels (Christians and Jews) will automatically genuflect to Allah thus consecrating their allegiance to the One True God (through Mohammed, the chosen one). Thereafter, heaven on earth will be transformed and we will all dwell in perfection in the wake of the messiah's prophetic promise of hope and change (The Koran). Bottom line: die-hard Islamists are no different than Kamakazi pilots toward the end of World War Two. Despite all attempts at diplomacy, they will continue to foster their dogmatic religiosity even to death. We currently have over three million devout muslims dwelling among us in the United States alone.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I think he was referring to getting rid of the Gadafi family and friends quick.
There are a bunch of people basically sitting on the fence waiting to see which way the war will go.
Once it is obvious "aka Gidafis head on a pole" the theory is they will fall in line and there will be less fighting.
I doubt it. THere are a lot of scores to settle there. Maybe not as many as Iraq but there could be some real trouble to come.
I think Obama has handled this conflict exceptionally well so far keeping us off their soil. I wish Iraq was handled as well.

cordilleran

Reaction score
The problem is one of timing. At this point historically, institutions of higher education are places of indoctrination rather than original thought. Unfortunately, society is awash in a collective circle jerk by which the least adept are rewarded with fame, fortune and esteem. Mediocrity and the circus maximus are king. We have created a model to emulate and it is made of dessicated clay. I suspect there are multitudes of gifted and talented marginalized people out there whose only acheivement will be growing older and living on the fringes while society rots from within its putrifying carapace. These disenfranchized are not entertainers, but rather innovators. Likewise, they make the puddle jumpers feel uncomfortable in their masturbatory delusions of grandeur. In a society (or alternatively, western civilization) seemingly in auto de-fe, stagnation and perversion of every stripe is the hallmark and ingenuity, excellence and expansive ideals are sent to the back of the bus. But before we cast off these malcontents as oafs keep in mind that we are legion and we are quietly working by candlelight to right such bald-faced, wholesale injustices. A "dream deferred", as that powerful poem goes in paraphrase, eventually bursts the restraints long containing it with explosive force.

Wheelah23

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cordilleran

But before we cast off these malcontents as oafs keep in mind that we are legion and we are quietly working by candlelight to right such bald-faced, wholesale injustices.

Ah. I respect some of the things Anonymous has done. You are related to them?

cordilleran

Reaction score
No Wheelah. You should know that as "little people" we have little, if any, insulation to wrap around us anonymously. That former sense of security now is in sole possession of politicos and the few who can afford to ensconce it. The adage holds true: the poor man lives in a cardboard chalet is "crazy" for all the world to see. Conversely, that quirky rich man living in a French chalet? His madness is sheltered and far from sight. He is called "eccentric".

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky