Light green Mason

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

StLouBrew

Reaction score
Hello all,
I've been reading some of these threads on fruit jars, something I know nothing about but find interesting. So now you guys got me wondering about my jars. I have a few laying around and probably a few more I haven't found yet. I tried searching Ebay but there are way too many Mason jars. I am looking for info on this light green quart? well it's just under 7" tall. It's the only green one I have and thought it would be easier to ask the experts here than looking at every mason jar on ebay. It just reads Mason and the lid reads Ball. There are no numbers on the bottom and the seams stop at the rim they do not go over the rim. This one has been on a shelf for years. Would like to to know if it is a common or not? How old? What would be a correct lid etc?
Thanks for any info.
001-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

003-2.jpg

007-1.jpg

junkyard jack

Reaction score
Your jar pictured would be Red Book 10 # 1644.
Probable maker would be Altoona Cooperative Glass Company,
Altoona, Kansas circa 1906-1908
The jar looks to be a nice yellow green color & lists at $50-75.
The stronger the color, the better the chances of the jar being worth that amount.
I really like these particular jars. I have a nice color run of the half-gallon sized jars.

junkyard jack

Reaction score
Also.
Any standard size unmarked zinc screw lid would be correct for this jar. As far as I know, there was no specific lid produced for this jar.

StLouBrew

Reaction score
Wow that sums it up! Thank you very much for your time Jack!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eloc1