Lime Cola Bottling Co, Athens, ALA.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LindaLanghorne

Reaction score
I obtained this bottle when it was left in the home I purchased. It appears to have been a local company, I live just a few miles from Athens, but I can't find any information at all on the company or when it operated. The slightly green tinted bottle is embossed with a large man drinking from a bottle and says "MAN'S SIZE". I got the best images I could of the bottom. I'm fairly certain this is after 1900 (1920-1930?). Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    861.3 KB · Views: 111
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    542 KB · Views: 104
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    554.6 KB · Views: 101

Bottle 2 Rocks

Reaction score
I obtained this bottle when it was left in the home I purchased. It appears to have been a local company, I live just a few miles from Athens, but I can't find any information at all on the company or when it operated. The slightly green tinted bottle is embossed with a large man drinking from a bottle and says "MAN'S SIZE". I got the best images I could of the bottom. I'm fairly certain this is after 1900 (1920-1930?). Any help is appreciated.
!920's art deco soda bottle-I have one myself, a funny logo. Good pickup!!

LindaLanghorne

Reaction score
!920's art deco soda bottle
That was my estimation as well. Is there some code on the bottle that shows a bottled date? Is that something I would have to get from the bottler, like a batch number? Did they do that back in the 20's?

Bottle 2 Rocks

Reaction score
That was my estimation as well. Is there some code on the bottle that shows a bottled date? Is that something I would have to get from the bottler, like a batch number? Did they do that back in the 20's?
I found info from another collector that it is about 1927. I think mine is 1928 because I can faintly make out a 28 but I'm not sure, the embossing is not very legible on my bottle base and there are no other distinguishing marks to go on. I also have other deco soda bottles in a similar bottle design from other bottling companies that used this mold pattern-all from the 20's

Bottle 2 Rocks

Reaction score
I see a G25 on the base of yours-could be Graham glassworks Evansville Indiana 1925. From this co. G usually followed by a number G25 G27 etc. Mine has what looks like half a G then 28-not real legible like yours is.

Bottle 2 Rocks

Reaction score
Old local newspapers are good research tools to see how long a company was in business-if you can get your hands or eyes on them. Local library might have these.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky