Literally! Barrels of Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jays emporium

Reaction score
What Bob said about the Miller being common is correct. Also what he said about you sometimes get lucky on the auction site is correct.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Old-HAND-BLOWN-BLOB-TOP-antique-PABST-squat-BEER-BOTTLE-/370530171510?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564551ba76

This is the same Pabst blob top you have except this one is stained and yours looks better. Sold for $99.99

barrelsofbottles

Reaction score
Wow! Now I am truly overwhelmed! Thanks to all of you. I don't really care for that auction site but I may give it a try. I'm not thrilled with their fees.

I am still looking through the barrels and I believe I have more Pabst. I won't be melting anything from these barrels for a bit. I think I will try to sell. [:D]

Again, thanks and I will keep posting pictures as I move through the barrels.

rockbot

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: barrelsofbottles

And for the next line-up....left to right

10 oz Coca-Cola
12 oz (I think) Red Rock Cola - South Bend, IN
7 oz Champay Non-Alcoholic - St. Louis, MO
7 oz Lack's - Muskegon, MI
7 oz Drewrys Alka-Pep - Detroit, MI
7 oz Bubble Up - Bottled by Coca-Cola
8 oz Clicquot Club - Millis, Mass
7 oz Crown Beverages Property of Dr. Pepper Bottling Co - Spencer IA
12 oz Cellu - Manufactured for the Chicago Dietetic Supply House, Inc - Chicago IL
6 oz Cowboy - Chicago, IL

If any of you have any thoughts on these last two posts, please let me know before I slump any. They make cool spoon rests because the glass is so thick.

Thanks again!

F771D1EA2FAB42DBAE9B4F89BA5BF2EC.jpg

We have a BUBBLE UP from my home town that is worth several bills in good condition.[;)]

Ace10Tex

Reaction score
Liz, everything else the others have posted is right on and glad that you came to this site before you "slumped" any of them first.
If you would have slumped some of the blobs or even good sodas you might have brought some grown men and women to tears here!! Myself included!!![;)]

Like a couple of people said to and I have not checked yet as you might have already done it but to post some pics of the ACL or Painted labels bottles over on the soda section here! I collect them but most of the ones I collect are Texas ones so if you have any of those I might be in the market as the ones you have seem to be in good to near mint condition. I would be drooling if i had those buckets to look through especially after seeing that blob Pabst and early crown Miller!!! Good luck and thanks for sharing!! HH Ace

rocklandman

Reaction score
Hello,
I being a NOOB here in the Forum, but I have past experience with Ebay, The mountain Dew, and Hillbilly will bring some $$$ on ebay, nothing earth shattering but a decent amount, research your bottles on Ebay & here before you do anything with them, you might be surprised!!! I had a Coca Cola bottle that went over $250.00 on Ebay !!! It pays to do your homework!!!
Just my 2 cents
Good Luck
Rock

itz3r1k

Reaction score
I am really likin that 7. oz slider from Chicago! [:)]

itz3r1k

Reaction score
Could you post pictures of the neck near the lip? I have one of these at home That is exactly just like that but in amber. And possibly photo's of the bottom?

I forgot the last bottle in the first line-up.
It is a Miller bottle.  It has bubbles in it and the seam appears to fade away before the top.  The bottom has W F & S, the number 22 and MIL.  Maybe a  pontil, but I'm not sure.

itz3r1k

Reaction score

Here is my first line-up.

From left to right....
7 oz. Johnnie Ryan - Newark, NJ
7 oz. Copper Beer - Mishawaka, IN
What is, I believe, is a vintage beer bottle
1 Pint Like a Product of 7-Up
10 oz. Mason's Root Beer - Chicago, IL
16 oz Hill Billy Beverage - Richland Center, WI
7 oz. Lifter - Chicago, IL
Bob Top Pabst - Milwaukee, WI
7 oz Kelley Jr - Mishawaka, IN

Got confused there. I am lovin the blob top [:)] Could you possibly post close up photo's of it?

78C78573787046FDB57EFB161EBFA439.jpg

barrelsofbottles

Reaction score
I will post some pics sometime this week. Crazy busy!! Also, I have misplaced my camera so I am on the hunt. [:mad:] Driving me crazy!!! LOL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94