Local Straight Side Coca Cola Bottles | Amazing Condition & a rare bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

YoloBottles

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

The other day I decided to buy some straight side cokes that come from closer to home. Since my town didn't make Coke bottles I consider basically anything from GA to be local.

First is this really cool Augusta, GA straight side bottle with ring top.

I picked it out because it is in mint state with only two small chips and almost completely free of case wear. Also unlike my other straight sides is has absolutely zero glass sickness and does not appear to have ever been tumbled.
GA.00.Augusta.png

Next is a McRae Center script with an unfortunate broken top.

I know I should be staying away from broken bottles like this but considering that it was priced at $10 and is one of the rarest GA Coke bottles (listed as $200 on teampins), I decided to buy it anyways.

Glass quality is great with almost no case wear or flea bites. It does have a little bit of sickness though.

GA.00.McRae.png

Thanks for reading, all comments & responses are appreciated.

logan.the.collector

Reaction score
That would be cool to see you get your own place. Figure you'll still be in Tupper by then? It would be awesome to go digging with you and Matt and Jack too if he'd be willing.
I'm gonna be long gone once I am out of college unfortunately. In 2 or 3 years it will essentially end the era of Tupper bottles. I'll always have them but I'll have to start a new collection for the town I move to when I find work. If they don't have any I guess Tupper ones will stay high priority though.

YoloBottles

Reaction score
I'm gonna be long gone once I am out of college unfortunately. In 2 or 3 years it will essentially end the era of Tupper bottles. I'll always have them but I'll have to start a new collection for the town I move to when I find work. If they don't have any I guess Tupper ones will stay high priority though.
Makes sense. Not sure where I will go once college is over but hopefully to a town that actually has bottles lol. Will be weird not seeing you hoard Tupper bottles though.

bottles_inc

Reaction score
Funny, I've been thinking about how I'm gonna have to do the same thing lately. Can't even really keep up the L. I. part of the collection because the entire island costs too much money to live on anywhere, nevermind my home town. Might still try to snag some rarer L.I. stuff in the distant future. Oh well. Onwards and upwards

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18