Look what I found digging for bottles.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Limitless

Reaction score
Not sure what year this is but it's in pretty good shape for being in the ground.

Attachments

• IMG_20210913_130219.jpg
    IMG_20210913_130219.jpg
    595.7 KB · Views: 191

embe

Reaction score
Cool find, it's a flute or picollo or something? See if there are any visible makers marks or stamps, that might help narrow down age. For some reason I don't recall seeing a brass colored flute, usually silver. Let us know what you find out

K6TIM

Reaction score
Not sure what year this is but it's in pretty good shape for being in the ground.
you can probably try cleaning the brass with a polish called brasso.It works well on brass to make it shine again Try cleaning it first to get the dirt,and other stuff off first though.

Screwtop

Reaction score
DON'T USE BRASSO!

Any patina it would have, would be stripped off, and unless the piece is in extremely good shape, it will make it look very odd. It will not look good.

Soak it in soapy water, and scrub with a toothbrush. Rinse it off, then get a BRASS wire brush. Brass won't affect brass, but it'll get most of the crud off. I've been cleaning brass artifacts with a brass brush for years with outstanding results. I learned ealy that Brasso is a killer of value and antiquity.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger