Looking for advice on a -hard to find 1/4 pint milk bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
I have not located any 1/4 pints from Marin co, and the newer non embossed ones are rare. Is this scuffed up bottle worth having cleaned? And how much would that do for it? Anyone? Thank you, y’all!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I have not located any 1/4 pints from Marin co, and the newer non embossed ones are rare. Is this scuffed up bottle worth having cleaned? And how much would that do for it? Anyone? Thank you, y’all!

Do you have a picture?
ROBBYBOBBY64 .

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
I’m sorry, I tagged them on to the post.... they didn’t load right. Newbie here!

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
06ef9c9b792bab5cb212092804fcac59.jpg

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Nice shape. It has some sickness inside and a couple scratches on it. If you have a tumbler I would say it would be an easy one to polish. Whether that is worth doing is up to you. I am not sure the value but others here will. Just takes some time. Still pretty clean for a dug bottle.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
What I would love to have is a bottle tumbler! Either dyi or ? Can u point me in a direction to learn something about that or purchase one? Seriously have wondered about that for the 35+ years that I’ve been digging (and cleaning ) these. If u don’t think this is that bad, then I have a whole bunch of them that would greatly benefit from a tumbler. I started off, coming up with The idea of using bb.’s or rice and Ajax cleanser. I have made my own cleaner for house cleaning that works so well, also. 1/3 dawn detergent (has to be blue and dawn) to 2/3 hydrogen peroxide. This I’ds the best that I’ve found for the house, laundry spot cleaner, tires on my beam’s, and now bottles! It kicks a$$.. for real.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
What I would love to have is a bottle tumbler! Either dyi or ? Can u point me in a direction to learn something about that or purchase one? Seriously have wondered about that for the 35+ years that I’ve been digging (and cleaning ) these. If u don’t think this is that bad, then I have a whole bunch of them that would greatly benefit from a tumbler. I started off, coming up with The idea of using bb.’s or rice and Ajax cleanser. I have made my own cleaner for house cleaning that works so well, also. 1/3 dawn detergent (has to be blue and dawn) to 2/3 hydrogen peroxide. This I’ds the best that I’ve found for the house, laundry spot cleaner, tires on my beam’s, and now bottles! It kicks a$$.. for real.
Jar Doctor pretty much if you just want to plug and play so to speak. DIY tumbler instructions can be found online. I have made my own mixtures and get various results. I found muiatic acid to be the best cleaner. If it is tar and acid doesn't work acetone will. These two will remove anything I have run in to. I would not mix them together. Us mad scientist types have to be careful what we compound or combine!
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
Jar Doctor pretty much if you just want to plug and play so to speak. DIY tumbler instructions can be found online. I have made my own mixtures and get various results. I found muiatic acid to be the best cleaner. If it is tar and acid doesn't work acetone will. These two will remove anything I have run in to. I would not mix them together. Us mad scientist types have to be careful what we compound or combine!
ROBBYBOBBY64.

It’s not really fun unless you can blow up the block! I put that lill bottle in a vibratory shell casing cleaner thing with walnut shells that were in it? It already is looking so much better! I will pick up some polish, ect from the jar Dr. AND wish a good tile guy were around northern Cali! Your in demand! I am thinking about tackling that job myself, actually... hey I have the YouTube, here! You could do brain surgery with YouTube.... it’s the best excuse for buying a decent tile saw, now that I have literally tons of big crystals out back. I found 2000+ since sept... and want to cut some of the rocks- that kind of find will put bottle digging on the back burner... the similarities with cleaning are crazy. Yes, muratic is good. I like the hydrochloric that comes mixed with muratic. I have 5 huge vats right now of acid. Oxilic doesn’t seem so crazy now, I am soaking stuff in it right now. And the iron out is great. And citric acid is good. Do they soak bottles in citric ever?

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
It’s not really fun unless you can blow up the block! I put that lill bottle in a vibratory shell casing cleaner thing with walnut shells that were in it? It already is looking so much better! I will pick up some polish, ect from the jar Dr. AND wish a good tile guy were around northern Cali! Your in demand! I am thinking about tackling that job myself, actually... hey I have the YouTube, here! You could do brain surgery with YouTube.... it’s the best excuse for buying a decent tile saw, now that I have literally tons of big crystals out back. I found 2000+ since sept... and want to cut some of the rocks- that kind of find will put bottle digging on the back burner... the similarities with cleaning are crazy. Yes, muratic is good. I like the hydrochloric that comes mixed with muratic. I have 5 huge vats right now of acid. Oxilic doesn’t seem so crazy now, I am soaking stuff in it right now. And the iron out is great. And citric acid is good. Do they soak bottles in citric ever?

I know they use lemon juice to clean cans but never heard of anyone using it for bottles. I love crystals. I have rocks in my head. I am always on high alert for any crystals when I dig or search for any bottles. Not many people know how many types of crystals and rock we have in NJ. An abundance.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp