WTB Looking for antique bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Fayalso

Reaction score
My husband is planning to build a ship in a bottle. He wants to use an antique wine or similar shape bottle. Here is one he made many years ago which shows an idea of what he’s looking for.
90703A76-17A1-486C-BA0C-A990FE5D8FA3.jpeg

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
My husband is planning to build a ship in a bottle. He wants to use an antique wine or similar shape bottle. Here is one he made many years ago which shows an idea of what he’s looking for. View attachment 224689
That’s some crazy patients, there. Very cool! Let me look around here, and if I find 1, I’ll message you. It reminds me of an amethyst (natural Amethyst) I’m sure is around here. But I also have 4-5 boxes of mixed bottles that are not cleaned yet- from an estate sale- seems like I saw similar bottles in those.

Fayalso

Reaction score
Thank you for taking a look! I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

matthew lucier

Reaction score
My husband is planning to build a ship in a bottle. He wants to use an antique wine or similar shape bottle. Here is one he made many years ago which shows an idea of what he’s looking for. View attachment 224689
How about one of these? One belong to a hobo I surmise because I found it near rail road tracks and it's written upon.
14f2dd3db7c35e0c514877c86acaea91.jpg
110f37ab749f5759ecec5c7d52b9bdbe.jpg

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Saramayle123!

Rookie digger, Sara Duke
Reaction score
Well they are still pretty dirty, I just recently dug them up so sorry about that. But they look to be pretty old but I haven't done any research on them yet but the one on the left is a swist off lid and the other ones are corks , ( I'm guessing) but the glass is pretty thick in all . Sorry I'm new at this , I've got access to alot of places to dig for old bottles and so I've picked it up as a hobby.

Fayalso

Reaction score
Well they are still pretty dirty, I just recently dug them up so sorry about that. But they look to be pretty old but I haven't done any research on them yet but the one on the left is a swist off lid and the other ones are corks , ( I'm guessing) but the glass is pretty thick in all . Sorry I'm new at this , I've got access to alot of places to dig for old bottles and so I've picked it up as a hobby.
Seems like a fun way to pass the time! Mostly I just search through flea markets and junk yards LOL.
I guess we'd rather have a cork top than a twist off. Something fairly tall, 12 or so inches, and very nice clear glass. Do any of yours seem to fit?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu