Looking for any dumps in Caddo parish

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wadersmith

Reaction score
Right now I’m on the hunt for a good dump in caddo parish Louisiana, specifically around the Vivian/Shreveport areas. Any help or information would be appreciated

hemihampton

Reaction score
From my experience it is extremely hard to find anybody willing to share any info on dumps with anybody, they guard that info like it's Fort Knox. Good Luck.

Wadersmith

Reaction score
From my experience it is extremely hard to find anybody willing to share any info on dumps with anybody, they guard that info like it's Fort Knox. Good Luck.
Well I ain’t got no where else to go so it’s worth a shot

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
You can often find information on dumps through old archived newspapers, 1920s aerial photographs, municipal environmental reports, and searching for keywords on old local social media pages. Dumps can be located through studying modern aerial photos and using some intuition and guesswork as well. You'll probably have better luck there than asking people to give away their sites. In my experience the only time someone is willing to give away a site is if it's either the most widely known dump which everyone and their grandmother have been digging for the past 50 years, or it's a huge pile of soup cans and food jars from the 1950s with no indication of anything more interesting underneath. If you had a good site, would you want to tell the whole internet so that every digger within two hours' driving distance can come get all the bottles before you have a chance?

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
You can often find information on dumps through old archived newspapers, 1920s aerial photographs, municipal environmental reports, and searching for keywords on old local social media pages. Dumps can be located through studying modern aerial photos and using some intuition and guesswork as well. You'll probably have better luck there than asking people to give away their sites. In my experience the only time someone is willing to give away a site is if it's either the most widely known dump which everyone and their grandmother have been digging for the past 50 years, or it's a huge pile of soup cans and food jars from the 1950s with no indication of anything more interesting underneath. If you had a good site, would you want to tell the whole internet so that every digger within two hours' driving distance can come get all the bottles before you have a chance?
Good advice.

zsmith333

Photographer, bottle hunter, dad.
Reaction score
Im not SUPER local to you, im down in Nacogdoches Texas, and I know of a couple dumps that I would like to dig more/with a friend. Shoot me a PM and maybe we can do something.

Screwtop

Reaction score
I can say with certainty that dump diggers, unless they are elderly and can't do it any more, will never share there locations unless they are friends with you, or you don't come around the area often. I have the location of a massive dump in Pennsylvania, and a local is the one who led me to it. Ask locals, they are sometimes helpful. The smaller the town, the better.

historyTech

Reaction score
I might add to that, prior to modern garbage pickup, and even governmental garbage drop sites, most people had a low area near their house that they dumped the trash that they didn't burn and even the burn barrel when it got full. So look for low areas around old abandoned home sites. And remember convenience, they didn't carry stuff too far to dump it.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum