Looking for any info on this 12oz green Dominion Glass made bottle. Thanks!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODABOB

Reaction score
I haven't given up yet, but leaning away from a wine or liquor bottle - mainly because of the 12 Oz size. Even though I haven't found anything definitive, I'm thinking it's some type of food product such as a...

Canadian Vinegar Bottle?

Red Cross Distilled Vinegar Bottle Canada.jpg
Dominion Bottle Forum Nov 2020.jpg

brent little

Reaction score
I would say a wine or small whiskey bottle. looks to be in the 1910-20 range with the large valve mark. Early automatic bottle machine product.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Based on everything I have seen these dates for the Diamond-D mark are accurate and reliable

View attachment 214947

View attachment 214948
Hmm not sure about 1928. I've seen that mark on tooled lip medicine bottles. Canada was later to switch over to ABM but I don't know if they were still making BIM bottles quite that late. I guess it's always possible.

SODABOB

Reaction score
Cc

As you probably know, there was a "Diamond Flint Glass Co." and a "Diamond Glass Co." in Canada that preceded the "Dominion Glass Co." I don't recall their entire histories, but believe all three of the companies were somehow related. I also seem to recall that the earlier companies used an embossed Diamond without the D inside. As far as I know, the Diamond-D was exclusive Dominion Glass and first used in 1928. Is it possible the mark you are referring to was a Diamond without the D

MSZ

Reaction score
Came across a similar star logo for John O'Connor Toronto (soda), perhaps?

Attachments

• 47ba389f580bf_34387n (1).jpg
    47ba389f580bf_34387n (1).jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 164

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Cc

As you probably know, there was a "Diamond Flint Glass Co." and a "Diamond Glass Co." in Canada that preceded the "Dominion Glass Co." I don't recall their entire histories, but believe all three of the companies were somehow related. I also seem to recall that the earlier companies used an embossed Diamond without the D inside. As far as I know, the Diamond-D was exclusive Dominion Glass and first used in 1928. Is it possible the mark you are referring to was a Diamond without the D
No I'm quite certain it's a diamond within a D. I've even got one in my collection but won't be back to take a picture for a little while. I'll post one when I'm able to or see if I can find one online.

SODABOB

Reaction score
MSZ

Great find! However, John O'Connor bottles seem to be as much of a mystery as the one in question. The bottle you posted inspired me to find these. Notice that all of them are from Toronto and all of them have a similar looking star. And yet some of them are from different bottlers. Also notice that all of them indicate that the star was their trademark. None of the descriptions associated with these bottles indicated which glass maker produced them. It would be easy to assume they were made in Canada, but I'm not sure about that. If there was a connection between these particular bottles and/or bottlers, I have been unable to find one. Nor have I been able to find a connection between them and the bottle in question.

O'Connor Bottle Toronto with two other Star bottles.jpg

O'Connor Bottle Toronto with Star.jpg
Starr Bottle Toronto CE Starr.jpg
Starr Hutch Toronto.jpg

Last edited:

SODABOB

Reaction score
Here is a list of sources that refer to the 1928 date for the Diamond-D mark. I have gone through the entire catalog of mold numbers and found a few possibilities for MSZ's bottle, but I'm still working on it with nothing definitive yet. The Dominion catalog is also where I found the information about their "Dot Codes"

Everyone is certainly welcome to do their own research, but I'm goings with these particular sources as the most accurate and reliable that I am currently aware of. With that said, I am currently of the opinion that MSZ's bottle was made by the Dominion Glass Company sometime in the early 1940s. The biggest mystery for me isn't so much who made MSZ's bottle or when, but rather what the five-point star on the base represents.

Grey Roots Website

Dominion Glass Company - Dominion Glass Company Limited (pastperfectonline.com)

Dominion Catalog

untitled (sha.org)

Dominion Glass Company

DominionGlass.pdf (sha.org)

Diamond Glass Company

Diamond-Canada.pdf (sha.org)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members