Looking for arsenic, mercury and lithium poison or medicine bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

As2O3

Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to the forum, so let me first introduce myself. I've always been interested in pharmacology and obviously I love antique poison or medicine bottles, as well as old tin pill boxes.
I'm currently looking for antique bottles or pill boxes with their original label which would read as containing either:

-Arsenic trioxide (aka arseneous oxide, arsenous anhydride, white arsenic, arsenicum album)

-Mercuric oxide (aka mercury monoxide, red or yellow mercury oxide, red or yellow precipitate, hydrargyrum oxidatum)

-Lithium carbonate or phosphate, with label mentioning use against psychiatric conditions (such as depression, mania, 'brain gout', melancholia, neurasthenia, etc.)

Ideally, lid or cork would still present, and even better if some contents are left inside the bottle, but that's not mandatory. What's most important is that the bottle (or tin box) retains it's original labeling.

My dream would be one of those cobalt blue coffin shaped bottles with dots on them, but what are the odds that the original label would match the chemicals I'm interested in...

I hope you might help me source such bottles, thanks!

jwalsh97

Reaction score
Hi
i just joined this forum and have a number of old medicine bottles and a tin that I am interested in selling. Some have the some of the contents left in the container. I was thinking of posting them on this forum and/or the FB Group for Antique/Vintage Medicine Bottles. are you still looking at adding to your collection?

As2O3

Reaction score
Hello jwalsh97,
Thanks for answering my request, I'm indeed still interested in antique poison bottles, medicine bottles and medicine tin boxes. But only if their labels mention some of the specific chemicals that I have mentioned (and of course, if these retain they original antique labels or inscriptions). I'm sending you a private message so you can send me pictures and dimensions of the bottles/boxes.

As2O3

Reaction score
Just to say that I'm still looking for arsenic, mercury and lithium bottles

jwalsh97

Reaction score
Hi
I finished going through all of my bottles and none of them have what you are looking for. Sorry and good luck in your search.
Jeanne

As2O3

Reaction score
Hi Jeanne, thank you for taking the time to check all your bottles for me. It may take some time but eventually I will find what I'm looking for, or I hope so :)

yacorie

Reaction score
What timeframe? Only blown bottles or would you be interested in Lilly and Merck bottles? Also where are you located? Mailing large numbers of full bottles with some poisons/chemicals is never something I like to do

As2O3

Reaction score
Hi, I might be interested in such bottles (as long as they are actually antique), although I'd obviously be even more interested in blown bottles. I'm mostly interested in 18th and 19th century bottles, but early 20th century (like 1910's) might still get my interest. If there would be a little bit of remaining contents, that would surely make the bottles more interesting, but I'd be happy with empty bottles too. What's quite important is that the bottles retain their original labelling. I'm in France.

PinwheelExchange

Reaction score
To As203,
I’ve got these 4 bottles, all contain original contents. Give me a shout if they interest you. mariemilystevens@gmail.com

Attachments

• 0C41F449-577C-4272-B7B3-BF487625EAA2.jpeg
    0C41F449-577C-4272-B7B3-BF487625EAA2.jpeg
    321.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 3D837376-B449-4E7A-9D76-E63CE0EBFC0C.jpeg
    3D837376-B449-4E7A-9D76-E63CE0EBFC0C.jpeg
    334.7 KB · Views: 116

As2O3

Reaction score
To anyone reading this thread, I'm still looking for bottles which label would mention any of the specific chemicals I've listed.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky