Looking for info on Pre-1873 Singer oil bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

craigsolo

Reaction score
I am new to this group and have been collecting Singer oil containers for about a year now. I have several variations of the later Singer bottles with the oval logo and paper labels. Now I would like to learn more about the earlier bottles manufactured prior to 1873 when Singer moved from New York to New Jersey. These pre-1873 bottles would most likely have either "I. M. Singer & Co." and/or "New York" embossed. There was a few years when the "I. M. Singer" name was dropped and replaced with "Singer Manufacturing Co." but still included "New York". I would love to see some good photos of any of these early bottles and would be interested in purchasing any extras that collectors might have.

treeguyfred

Reaction score
Hello Craig, welcome to the forum. Sadly I only had one Singer oil that i had dug in Yonkers, NY several years ago. So long ago that I don't have it any longer and don't even have a photo of it. it was small tho and I believe (if my feabled memory serves correct) that it was about 4" tall, had indented panels a ring around the neck and a fancy S logo. I do remember thinking, as I uncovered it, that it was a Larkin or colgate bottle at first, until i cleared the soil and ash of the front.
Good luck, I hope you can score some of these bottles that you are looking for!
~Fred

mkledford1

Reaction score
Would this be one? I was told once it was...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200805-110155_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20200805-110155_Photos.jpg
    913 KB · Views: 358

BrentC

Reaction score
I am new to this group and have been collecting Singer oil containers for about a year now. I have several variations of the later Singer bottles with the oval logo and paper labels. Now I would like to learn more about the earlier bottles manufactured prior to 1873 when Singer moved from New York to New Jersey. These pre-1873 bottles would most likely have either "I. M. Singer & Co." and/or "New York" embossed. There was a few years when the "I. M. Singer" name was dropped and replaced with "Singer Manufacturing Co." but still included "New York". I would love to see some good photos of any of these early bottles and would be interested in purchasing any extras that collectors might have.

Here is a Singer bottle. It doesn't have NY or NJ on it. It is the bottle on the right.

20201016_093059.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora