Looking for info!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Heatherking94

Reaction score
Over the years I’ve always collected well pretty much anything old and cool. My boyfriend owns an excavating business and while we were looking at a basement job I noticed a ton of bottles. The land owner later informed me his property used to be a glass dump between 40s-60s he was told. He then proceeded to tell me anything I wanted was mine, just get it out of his way! Can anyone give me some ideas on determining age value or what the bottles may have contained. I’ve done some research but seems to be not panning out well ‍♀️ One bottle I found was a Revlon aquamarine shampoo bottle. I found one article claimed it was rare. I find hat hard to believe, but I’m no expert. If anyone can give me some insight it would be well appreciated!
5CB56AC3-1982-4C5A-90F1-BB91E15B71FD.jpeg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Hi Heather, welcome to the forum! Unfortunately I don't think that there's much collector interest in those mid-century ACL shampoo bottles, which is kind of a shame because they really do have some quintessentially 1950s design. So pretty hard to say whether that one's rare or not, since no one really seems interested in recording them. Like you I doubt that it's that, since Revlon is such a major company.

Funny thing is that these ACL shampoo bottles aren't anywhere near as common in 1950s dumps as you'd expect them to be if they were the dominant shampoo packaging of the time. I don't know if most shampoo came in some sort of different packaging or what.

Heatherking94

Reaction score
Thank you for t
Hi Heather, welcome to the forum! Unfortunately I don't think that there's much collector interest in those mid-century ACL shampoo bottles, which is kind of a shame because they really do have some quintessentially 1950s design. So pretty hard to say whether that one's rare or not, since no one really seems interested in recording them. Like you I doubt that it's that, since Revlon is such a major company.

Funny thing is that these ACL shampoo bottles aren't anywhere near as common in 1950s dumps as you'd expect them to be if they were the dominant shampoo packaging of the time. I don't know if most shampoo came in some sort of different packaging or what.
[/QUOTE

thanks for the response! I’ve been looking and haven’t seen any other to compare to online. Figured it wasn’t awfully rare but a cool find to keep

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
Welcome to the site, Heather. The bottle has a nice style and textured look. I've seen some shampoo bottles in the woods but not like that one. Usually the smaller one-use sizes. If you can't find it online, either it's rare or there's nothing posted about it because no one collects them.

Heatherking94

Reaction score
Welcome to the site, Heather. The bottle has a nice style and textured look. I've seen some shampoo bottles in the woods but not like that one. Usually the smaller one-use sizes. If you can't find it online, either it's rare or there's nothing posted about it because no one collects them.

Thanks for the info! Really appreciated

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown