Looking for information on rare Hanover, Pa. Dairy Bottle.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

I Rejo1976

Reaction score
Recently acquired a few milk bottles from a relative. One I have been told is a rare example of a Hanover, Pa. York County dairy. According to a printing of McGrew’s Hanover Dairymen and their Milk Bottles none have been seen at auction though this is secondhand information. It is a Farmer’s Dairy Hanover RD 3. I am told this was once located in the vicinity of Lake Marburg in Codorus State Park. If valuable, it will be returned to previous owner for upcoming estate sale. Does anyone have any knowledge that might shed some light on this?

lukesbottles

Reaction score
Hi, this is a pretty tough one to find. I think it probably days to around 1940. I've been looking for this one for a while. Did you happen to keep it?

I Rejo1976

Reaction score
No. I returned it to its former owner’s estate. It will be offered at auction Saturday February 18th at Porter Sideling Firehall. Pa On-site Auction Co will hold the sale. Listed on line. Thanks for the reply. McGrews say it is only third known to exist and the second pint. The other one is cracked while this one is in excellent condition. John and Wendy call it the mystery dairy only in business about 2 years. The auctioneer who has sold thousands has called it the Holy Grail of local bottles having never seen one.
Good luck

lukesbottles

Reaction score
No. I returned it to its former owner’s estate. It will be offered at auction Saturday February 18th at Porter Sideling Firehall. Pa On-site Auction Co will hold the sale. Listed on line. Thanks for the reply. McGrews say it is only third known to exist and the second pint. The other one is cracked while this one is in excellent condition. John and Wendy call it the mystery dairy only in business about 2 years. The auctioneer who has sold thousands has called it the Holy Grail of local bottles having never seen one.
Good luck
Thank you! I see the auction listing. Hopefully I'll be able to go!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado