looking for J Pabst Sons bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jpabst

Reaction score
That is a bottle I do not have nor have I seen! Is it yours?

epackage

Reaction score
It is found here Jennifer...There is one listed right below it from 1955 but he doesn't have a pic for it...Jim

http://www.ca-yd.com/textfile/bottles/ACLWEB_P.HTM

jpabst

Reaction score
Thank you for the link, I had not come by that one yet. I need to get back to the computer, because the ipad does not always pull up all of the options.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Not mine, Chris Weide's.

pabstbottle.jpg
pabstemploys.jpg

Both images are HERE.

jpabst

Reaction score
These are so awesome! I am fortunate enough to have some pictures and that specific seltzer water bottle with the top. I love finding images and remnants of a company from so long ago! I can't wait to be able to give some of that history back to my hubby and my kiddos! Thank you all for the replies. If you have anything or find anything keep letting me know if you don't mind! If you have any requests or need help locating anything for yourselves, don't hesitate to ask, it is always great to have several minds and sever pairs of eyes!
Jennifer Pabst

buzzkutt033

Reaction score
i recall digging some 1900'ish pabst bottles last year at the chemical dump. if i remember correctly they were from New Jersey though. i can't remember who took them in the pick. is it possible that you would have an interest in Pabst bottles from Jersey? i might be able to track them down.....

very interesting thread here.

and welcome to our little corner of the bottle collecting universe

jim

0FDC2FF55E84484283A5C28E05F4F63D.jpg

Attachments

• 0FDC2FF55E84484283A5C28E05F4F63D.jpg
    0FDC2FF55E84484283A5C28E05F4F63D.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 101

surfaceone

Reaction score
These are so awesome! I am fortunate enough to have some pictures and that specific seltzer water bottle with the top. I love finding images and remnants of a company from so long ago!

Well said, Jennifer,

I feel quite the same way. Please put up pictures of your pictures, and assorted discoveries. We really get our goats going on all this old bottle stuff.

Pictures are a pleasure here.

Sounds like it's shaping up to be a major Father's Day at your house.

Good luck.

pabsttonic.jpg

jpabst

Reaction score
Do you know if they were from the J. Pabst & Sons Co?
I assume if they were from Jersey that they are from Pabst Brewing Company as they had many bottlers.
J. Pabst & Sons bottled Pepsi and Dr. Pepper in their area (Hamilton, Ohio) as well as having and bottling their own products.
Ginger Ale, Grape, Orange, Lemon Royal, etc.
It would be pretty interesting if another bottling Co. bottled their sodas, but I have never heard nor read that.
A whole new avenue to research! Thank you for the thought and I will look into it and get back to you before you go to any trouble of tracking down bottles!
I wish I would have found and signed up for this forum a year ago! This is the most help I have had in the year!! Thank you all!

jpabst

Reaction score
Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction! I will monitor and check back in both places! I just finished posting my requests in the thread you advised.

I can't say enough how much this is helping! Instead of simply looking for family history, I know that I will glean an education in bottle collecting! There are some fabulously unique bottles out there just waiting to be discovered!
Jennifer Pabst

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Jennifer,

It looks like Mr. Pabst was an early bottler. Knew a good thing when he made or bottled it. Early adapter of the major brand bottling club, too.

"The company manufactures a full line of carbonated drinks and with special pride points to Imperial Ginger Ale which has won a wide reputation. Other drinks made by the firm and which are used to quench the thirst of thousands of persons are Grape Soda, Orange Soda, Cream Soda, Lemon Soda, Sarsaparilla, Cherry, and Champagne Mist. The firm is also the bottler of the famous Sher-A-Coca. This is highly recommended for indigestion and other gastric derangements, rheumatism, gout, and liver complaint. . ."

The J. Pabst Company was also the first bottlers of Pepsi Cola in the area beginning in 1910.

9C670155D4974237B2EACB3A92229758.jpg

There should be earlier era hand blown bottles from Pabst, as he began in 1882. You might reach out for the local digging community. The Dayton area has a well known bottle club, and several inspired shovelers. Dayton Diggers.

8810040.jpg
From.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky