looking for J Pabst Sons bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Jpabst,
As you may know, the Pabst Brewing Company out of Milwaukee Wisconsin was (at one point) the largest brewer in the world. It was a gigantic company and there are branch bottles in many many cities. They primarily brewed beer and (if it were not for prohibition) they may never have bottled soda at all. From the site here, it looks like your Jpabst was a soda bottler. There may have been a familial connection, (that, I don't know) but most Pabst bottles (and I have a bunch) will be beers from the big Milwaukee company or branches thereof.

jpabst

Reaction score
Antique Bottles Forum members~
you have given me some really incredible leads and information. I had not read or maybe I don't remember reading it...about the Sher-A-Coca
I wish that my husband and I would have talked to his Grandfather more about his life's work. He was sharp as a tack! Incredibly intelligent and extremely business minded.
My husband and I had very normal conversations with him on a daily basis and I am so blessed that I was able to meet him and his twin brother Robert before they passed away. Aside from the two of them and my husband's sister, there was no one in his family still living when I met Gregory (my husband). We decided to move closer to his Grandfather after Robert (twin brother-Great Uncle) passed away. We moved to a small town Brookville Indiana which was only about a forty minute drive from Hamilton. We had a standing time of 3:00pm every day that we went to spend time with him. I truly cannot say enough about the experience.
We moved back to Missouri after Warren passed away and now have 5 kids! 3 boys and 2 girls!
I cannot express enough to each of you how much it means that you have even reached out to me about the J Pabst & Sons Co.
I know that it will mean a lot to my husband. Our kids have been partners in crime with me, hiding the bottles that we have found so far, getting excited when we get an email alert that something Pabst has been listed, this has been very exciting! Thank you for being a part of it. I can't wait to take pics of all of our finds and post them here. I will get to the old Pabst pics and some cool handwritten letters soon and post them here!
Jennifer Pabst

bottle_head9

Reaction score
Jennifer, good luck on your search for Pabst items.Your husband will have a great Fathers Day.Take some photos and keep us informed.Welcome to the forum.[:D]

jpabst

Reaction score
Today I started contacting Auctioneer near Hamilton, OH which I had never thought of until a google search landed me at an old green pepsi bottle being auctioned in Hamilton, OH. This was both, exciting and frustrating at the same time! could this be a pepsi bottle bottled by J. Pabst & Sons Co? I have no idea! I am off to the library to find out where to look for "bottlers" markings.

Hopefully the auctioneer doesn't think I am insane and hopefully something will come out of all of this research.
If nothing else, my children and I have found out a ton of ancestry information which has been extremely interesting.

Please don't forget about me, and take me up on my offer to keep a look-out for any bottles you may be after near Missouri. We go to antique shops, estate sales and flea markets regularly! I would be happy to look for bottles, take a quick pic of it and send it to you, then if you are interested, I can purchase it and send it to you. Then you can reimburse me for the purchase. I can tell that bottle collecting is infectious!
Thank you,
Jennifer Pabst

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Hi Jennifer!

Here's one I can make available to you.. a portion of the label is missing but it's original..

43A80F5E83CD46168EA3D374F5F2DAA6.jpg

Attachments

• 43A80F5E83CD46168EA3D374F5F2DAA6.jpg
    43A80F5E83CD46168EA3D374F5F2DAA6.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 97

jpabst

Reaction score
I appreciate the offer, but I am looking for J. Pabst & Sons Co products which bottled their own line of carbonated drinks. After a lot of research, I cannot say that the two Pabst families were related. There are coincidences in names of people in the company, but I think it is purely a case of common names for that period of time. If they are related; I cannot find any article as of yet making that connection.
I sincerely thank you for taking the time to upload a photo and to post it here.
Jennifer Pabst

jpabst

Reaction score
Just a quick update...
I found a collector in Ohio, that had a wealth of information on the history of the bottles from J Pabst Sons Co. I was excited to find out that the last bottles produced by them had an artists pallet on the bottle. Warren J. Pabst (my husband's Grandfather) was inspired by his wife's paintings and decided to put the artists pallet on the bottles.
This may not be the most valuable of the bottles, however, it would be the most valuable to my husband because of the close relationship he had with his Grandparents. So...that being said one of these bottles would be an incredible find for me. If you happen to come across one or if you have one, I would sincerely love to buy it from you!!!

Of course, I am still interested in any of the J Pabst bottles that may be out there and would greatly appreciate any help!
Thank you all for your kindness, your information and your help!!
Jennifer Pabst

epackage

Reaction score
Great story on the history, I have my eyes peeled for you...best of luck....Jim

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hello again, Jennifer,

If I'm not mistaken, the "artist's palette" bottle was that one I showed you from Digger Odell's website. Here's a closer view:

Dscn2371oct03.jpg
From.

Best of luck in your quest. Please let us know how it goes...

Dscn2376oct03.jpg

jpabst

Reaction score
WOW, Interesting, I never saw this as an artists pallet. I will be checking on that right now! Thank you for pointing that out, I just thought this was an earlier bottle, but I will let you know what I find out, I believe the last bottles were in 1976.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown