looking for J Pabst Sons bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jpabst

Reaction score
I am completely new to this. My husband is the Grandson of Warren J Pabst of J Pabst & Sons bottling Co out of Hamilton, OH.
He has one sister, they are the only two descendants of the Pabst Family that are still living. (with the exception of our children) Unfortunately, his sister has all of the bottles and memorabilia from the J Pabst & Sons Co.
I have been searching high and low for any bottles or other things out there to start a collection for our family. We have five children and I would love to be able to compile a collection that could be passed on through the years. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I search eBay often and seem to miss them by a moment so I have a special alert set so if any are listed, I will have a chance to pick them up. If you have any advice of somewhere else to look that would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you all, these blogs are incredibly informative and fascinating. I hope to hear from you all soon!!
Jennifer Pabst

epackage

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Jennifer, is this the same Pabst as in Pabst Blue Ribbon or a completely different entity...Jim

jpabst

Reaction score
Actually, it is a different entity. Jacob Pabst was in both of the bottling companies, but i cannot say 100% for sure if it is the same Jacob Pabst. However, there was also a Christian Pabst (Grandson of Jacob Pabst Sr. of Pabst Blue Ribbon) and a Christian Pabst which was part of the Son's and also my husband's Great Grandfather. My husbands parents died at very young ages, mom died when he was 8, dad when he was 18. Dad was suppose to take over the bottling Co, but had a falling out with Warren Pabst (his father) and turned it down. Subsequently the plant closed a few years later. We have never truly found out if the two companies were indeed owned by the same family. Pabst Blue Ribbon was sold to a different people before my husband's father was born.
Believe me, I would love to find something to either link the two or separate the two once and for all.
For now, I am concentrating on what I know to be true. I am trying to find bottles or caps or advertisements to start a collection for our family. We have actual photographs of the plant and workers and delivery "carriages" as well as later trucks. It is just an obscure company so the bottles have been very hard to find. I have two so far and hope to find many more!!
Thank you for your interest and if you have any ideas, let me know.
Jennifer Pabst

epackage

Reaction score
I asked because I have a statue that depicts the Barbershop Quartet shown on many advertising pieces for Pabst, I can't find another like it after 15 years of searching and I figured it might be something you knew about or might have an interest in. Good luck in your search, hopefully someone can help with something you may want....Jim[;)]

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hello Jennifer,

Welcome to the A-BN, and thanks for telling us of your Husband's family bottling company.

I don't know how you feel about Pabst Bottle caps, but you might like that one.

Our inactive member GloryB had one. You might send an e-mail to inquire about it.

Did you see the history on Pabst on this page of Cecil Munsey's site?

Dscn2376oct03.jpg
From.

jpabst

Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome!
I did see the report done by Cecil, I also contacted him hoping for some information but never heard back.
The bottle you pictured is one of the two bottles that I have found. I felt extremely blessed to find it because it is such a cool bottle! I would welcome anything...caps, advertisements, articles, really anything pertaining to the J. Pabst & Sons bottling Co.
I am trying to present the bottles and other things to my husband for fathers day this year. I have started getting concerned because I have been at this for almost a year now, with only two bottles found. Then I found this blog and decided to try getting help here.
Jennifer Pabst

epackage

Reaction score
Jennifer I just sent you an e-mail regarding a seltzer bottle....Jim

jpabst

Reaction score
Thank you for the link. I just got that notification yesterday and it just happens to be the second bottle I found of the two I have. Thank you very much for taking the time to respond!!

epackage

Reaction score
Darn it, now I need to find something you don't have....LOL

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi