Looking for some info on this ginger beer.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

woods_walker

Reaction score
567024f6799e2d8f9c0309318b50c921.jpg

I picked this up at an antique mall in Medina, Oh some years ago when I first got into bottle digging. The story behind it is me and my girlfriend were walking around and I knew I wanted a ginger beer but didn’t want to spend a lot. I came across a blank one for maybe 7$ and planned to come back for it before we left. Some time goes on and they call over the loud speaker the store will be closing soon.... I think oh crap let’s get the bottle and head out. We started searching down all the aisles and it was no were to be found.. there was probably over 100 aisles just to fill you in, this place was huge! After about 10 minutes and no time left to look I decided just to leave. So as I’m waiting for my girlfriend next to the door she comes walking up holding the ginger beer in the picture above. She says is this the one you wanted!?!? I said no that ones a lot nicer how much I asked? Price tag read 40$... so acting on impulse I buy the bottle for more than I wanted to spend that day and walked out never looking back until now. Looking to find out the age and maybe some history on the brewery? I don’t care about value but did I get ripped off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hemihampton

Reaction score
I can tell you it's not from Ohio. I don't think it's even from the USA. Most likely foreign overseas bottle from Europe, U.K. ect, ect. Possibly Canada. The overseas bottles seam more common & less valuable in my opinion. LEON.

woods_walker

Reaction score
I can tell you it's not from Ohio. I don't think it's even from the USA. Most likely foreign overseas bottle from Europe, U.K. ect, ect. Possibly Canada. The overseas bottles seam more common & less valuable in my opinion. LEON.

Looks like Ontario Canada, I noticed they seem more common over there, but I’m not able to find another one like it online?

woods_walker

Reaction score
Just a guess because I see the ON but not sure if that means Ontario.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I know there are lots of Canadian people/members in here, Maybe they'll chime in? LEON.

woods_walker

Reaction score
Barton on Humber is in Lincolnshire in the UK. This information can easily be found using a simple google search. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barton-upon-Humber

It’s been a few years since I’ve tried a google search on the bottle. Looking again I see another for sale on kijiji for 50$ I’m not to familiar with that website and they don’t share any real info either. So I guess I’m still at a dead end as far as age of the bottle and the brewery’s history. All we know now is it’s from a town in the UK called Barton on humbler. Maybe someone else might have some info?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp