Looking For Some Opinions

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

coreya

Reaction score
Its hard to tell from the picture but the basement looks full of water? Also the furnace looks ancient. I see a money pit but hard to tell from pics alone.

beendiggin

Reaction score
That's asbestos covered pipe in case you didn't know, and some of it is ripped open. Not cheap to abate.

Jim

Reaction score
It would be nice to save that house if it's feasible to do so. A few years ago (before I bought it), my house was in a similar condition. The guy I bought it from did a lot of work- roof, plumbing, electrical, new front porch, new kitchen.... I know he put over $30K into it, and I don't think he was expecting to. There's still plenty of work that I need to do and finish.

The best thing to do when you're ready to think about buying is to hire an independent professional inspector. A full inspection will tell you what all needs done, and either give you peace of mind or save you from buying an unsalvageable money pit. ~Jim

frozenmonkeyface

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Bottles r LEET

Sure, here's an outside picture.

6C29C03A7D5944FE96B4E8B6ECCF39AF.jpg

The outside of this house is amazing (Its looks I mean)! I love it! If there is any way to save it you should do so! Just my opinion, which isn't by any means professional. I do not know about what all it needs, but I like to look at stuff and see what it could be, sinking money into something that wouldn't be livable and you would be broke wouldn't be good though.....

I am house hunting myself! Good luck with whatever you decide!

Bottles r LEET

Reaction score
Its hard to tell from the picture but the basement looks full of water? Also the furnace looks ancient. I see a money pit but hard to tell from pics alone.

It is sort of hard to tell. It is either a little muddy water or some sand. This picture was taken right after heavy rains. If it is water, there's not too much of it. Look at the propane tank in post 2 for depth. If it is water, it doesn't seem to be affecting the wood above the foundation.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky