Lots of Ball jars!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Newtothiss

Reaction score
I used to carry a burlap "gunny sack" and some newspaper for that purpose back in the day. It worked well but not perfectly--climbing out of a creek ravine one time, I bumped the bag with one of my digging tools. The strike chipped the ground lip and sent a crack down the side of one of the larger and nicer food bottles I ever found. Thank goodness it was not anything of the cathedral pickle class!
I used all my extra clothes as well as the shirt off my back lol.

My poor upper torso...

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Fall is almost here in theory. I finish cleaning up a chunk of my finds in Winter. There may be a few surprises in your recent haul that will give you pause to reflect on the farmstead experience. Congrats on reaching a successful conclusion in your experience. Your pit bull like determination is admirable. :cool:

PS- The local Goodwill/thrift stores should give you a decent bargain on expendable dig clothes, Oh Hulkamania man, Sgt. Rock, Hulk, etc. of farmstead artifact reclamation.

Last edited:

Newtothiss

Reaction score
Fall is almost here in theory. I finish cleaning up a chunk of my finds in Winter. There may be a few surprises in your recent haul that will give you pause to reflect on the farmstead experience. Congrats on reaching a successful conclusion in your experience. Your pit bull like determination is admirable. :cool:

PS- The local Goodwill/thrift stores should give you a decent bargain on expendable dig clothes, Oh Hulkamania man, Sgt. Rock, Hulk, etc. of farmstead artifact reclamation.
This site and the homestead are different sites. Found this one by complete dumb luck..

Saw what looked like remnants of a roof in the distance, and just started tromping that way lol.

Reactions: Roy

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Sounds like it could be a small natural resource based community, aka ghost town. A lidar drone could be an easy way to map sites in the area revealing much without having to break your back.

Newtothiss

Reaction score
Sounds like it could be a small natural resource based community, aka ghost town. A lidar drone could be an easy way to map sites in the area revealing much without having to break your back.
It's not.
I wish tho!

Based on the location, it was either an extremely far away out building from a farm, or a place to make shine..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marenjch