Lots of little bottles, early 1900s?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CourtneyJoy

Reaction score
Hey y'all, I'm new to the forum and new to dump digging/bottle collecting! I found an awesome dig site on a family friend's property in Western Montana and dug all day today and found some absolutely adorable little bottles (some big ones too). The location was an old farm/homestead that was occupied mostly in the early 1900s (but also the very end of the 1800s so I'm told) but I belive most of my finds are probably from around the 1920-30s range. Most seem to be medical or beauty related, where should I start in identifying these treasures? They're getting a much needed bath tonight, but I'll post some specific bottles tomorrow!
20200614_215446.jpg

FreeRangeAsparagus

Reaction score
Holy smokes what a haul! In the topic “WHAT IS IT? After 1900” you’ll find some lovely folks who would be happy to help ID them. Just need photos of them standing up, the lip, and any identifying marks. I’m not great at dating bottles but I love digging around online and finding history about them. Excited to see what you’ve got!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Looks like you're onto a good spot! I agree with your date ranges, although a couple of them look older to me, like 1890s-1910s.

CourtneyJoy

Reaction score
Thanks FreeRangeAsparagus, I'm still learning how to use this forum! This isn't even all of them, this is just all I could fit in the pot. Probably more in the ground too!

CourtneyJoy

Reaction score
CanadianBottles, I'm hoping so! I'd love to find some old ones. The property has multiple dump sites and I'm just itching to track down the oldest!

sandchip

Reaction score
I'm with Canadian, but good to see you're keeping at it. You never know when there might be a late throw in those later trash piles that'll rock your world. It does happen. Welcome and good luck!

bottlecrazy

Reaction score
The clear glass bottle with the flared lip on the right side with the blue bottle on its side pointing at it has some age potential. Maybe pull that out for us to get a better look?

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Hey y'all, I'm new to the forum and new to dump digging/bottle collecting! I found an awesome dig site on a family friend's property in Western Montana and dug all day today and found some absolutely adorable little bottles (some big ones too). The location was an old farm/homestead that was occupied mostly in the early 1900s (but also the very end of the 1800s so I'm told) but I belive most of my finds are probably from around the 1920-30s range. Most seem to be medical or beauty related, where should I start in identifying these treasures? They're getting a much needed bath tonight, but I'll post some specific bottles tomorrow!
View attachment 208759
A whole hearted welcome Courtney to Antique-Bottles. We are all eager to see your homestead dump finds. Even if they are not embossed, (raised lettering in the glass) the shape, the method made and manufacturers mark (letters, numbers and or symbol sometimes on the bottom) can tell us when, where, and what it contained. Always interesting the history we uncover.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26