Louisiana collection!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mcdonaat

Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum! I'm collecting stuff from my own state, and although I have one bottle that has eluded me for a while, there are a few others I would love to have. I'm looking for a Dr Pepper bottle from either Glenmora or Alexandria, Louisiana, and a Coke bottle from Winnfield, LA. I'd give my arm AND some money for a Winnfield Coke, and the Alexandria Dr Pepper would be more of a sentimental item (my grandpa used to deliver for Dr Pepper here in Alexandria). Thanks! So far, I do have at least one bottle from the following:Alexandria, Baton Rouge, Bogalusa, Bunkie, Eunice, Houma, Lake Charles, Lafayette, Lockport, Many, Monroe, New Orleans, Ponchatoula, Raceland, Ruston, Shreveport, and Tallulah. And it all started with one RC bottle, from Lake Charles, LA!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
mcdonaat said:
... and a Coke bottle from Winnfield, LA. I'd give my arm AND some money for a Winnfield Coke,

mcdonaat
Welcome to the forum.

Are you certain there ever was a Coca Cola bottling facility located in Winnfield, Louisiana? The reason I ask is because I cannot find a listing for one. Bill Porter's book does not list a Winnfield bottle in either the straight-sided section nor in the hobbleskirt section. I took a quick look around and found the attached 1936 newspaper article which says the Winnfield territory was covered by the Coca Cola facility located in Ruston, Louisiana. Notice in this link from 1930 that there is no Winnfield Coca Cola bottling listed ...

( Perhaps I missed something and the bottle you are looking for is from a later time period ??? )

[URL=http://books.google.com/books?id=TxQoAAAAYAAJ&pg=RA1-PA149&dq=winnfield+louisiana+coca+cola&hl=en&sa=X&ei=KGQ9U9mkDqmEyAHf4YH4DQ&ved=0CEAQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=winnfield%20louisiana%20coca%20cola&f=false]http://books.google.com/b...oca%20cola&f=false

The Ruston Daily Leader ~ Ruston, Louisiana ~ April 7, 1936

Attachments

• 5ba7d4299e1a4311a93f8d9f8fdd581b.jpg
    5ba7d4299e1a4311a93f8d9f8fdd581b.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 967a1aec6ad54e389476f8f2ecc5943d.jpg
    967a1aec6ad54e389476f8f2ecc5943d.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 142

mcdonaat

Reaction score
Ahh, my grandpa said that Winnfield had an ice plant that would sell Coca-Cola, not distribute it. Now, Colfax, that would be perfect!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
mc Thanks for the update. And good luck with your Louisiana bottle search. Please be sure and share some of your other finds with us. But if you ever find a "Lemon Sour" from the Colfax Bottling Works, don't drink it. In 1919 it was tested and deemed illegal because it contained coal tar dye. Check it out ... [URL=http://books.google.com/books?id=3KA0AQAAMAAJ&pg=PA100&dq=colfax+bottling+works+coal+tar+dye&hl=en&sa=X&ei=a7k-U_L5HMbkyQHe0IGADw&ved=0CDQQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=colfax%20bottling%20works%20coal%20tar%20dye&f=false]http://books.google.com/b...0tar%20dye&f=false

mcdonaat

Reaction score
Thanks! I found out that Morgan City had a Nehi bottling plant, and West Monroe had both Nehi and 7up.

mcdonaat

Reaction score
Thanks! I did run across a Wichita Falls Coca-Cola bottle, embossed, for $3 at the local flea market. Dated mid-50's, has the "Trademark Registered in US Patent Office". Does anyone have an idea on the worth, without paying for a book?

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Mc If you are referring to a Wichita Falls, Louisiana, there is no town listed by that name in Bill Porter's book. Nor is there a Wichita Falls listed in the Kansas section. Which state is the bottle from?

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Thanks According to Bill Porter's book ... Somewhat common = little value

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis