Louisiana

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Today14

Reaction score
Wanted to share this bottle with y'all from Louisiana. Is this a common bottle ?

Attachments

• IMG_20200630_004835.jpg
    IMG_20200630_004835.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 452
  • IMG_20200630_004849.jpg
    IMG_20200630_004849.jpg
    1,021.2 KB · Views: 433
  • IMG_20200630_004902.jpg
    IMG_20200630_004902.jpg
    1,006.1 KB · Views: 436
  • IMG_20200630_005236.jpg
    IMG_20200630_005236.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 422

Skadman4

Skadmans3
Reaction score
Wanted to share this bottle with y'all from Louisiana. Is this a common bottle ?
I can say in my 9 months of looking up finds and different types of bottles I've never seen one like yours, but I am very new to this compared to some others on here. It's a stunning bottle regardless. Very unique advertising for a niche market with its spelling and local/area relation and I love that. It's a bit hard to read the bottom of the bottle, can you clarify what it says across the top. I'm guessing it's the company name, either the bottle maker or the brand I'm not sure but I'd love to do some research on this and help out as well as feed my love of finding out the story and background on items I have or see for nothing other than the pleasure of knowledge. It's gotten me through many a sleepless night lol. Just let me know if you'd like me to see if I can find anything more on this for you.

Raff

Sent from my SM-S260DL using Tapatalk

Today14

Reaction score
I can say in my 9 months of looking up finds and different types of bottles I've never seen one like yours, but I am very new to this compared to some others on here. It's a stunning bottle regardless. Very unique advertising for a niche market with its spelling and local/area relation and I love that. It's a bit hard to read the bottom of the bottle, can you clarify what it says across the top. I'm guessing it's the company name, either the bottle maker or the brand I'm not sure but I'd love to do some research on this and help out as well as feed my love of finding out the story and background on items I have or see for nothing other than the pleasure of knowledge. It's gotten me through many a sleepless night lol. Just let me know if you'd like me to see if I can find anything more on this for you.

Raff

The B Mistretta Bottling Company

Raff

On the top
The B Mistretta
Bottom
9 fluid oz
28sl
Donald sonville LA.
All I found is some info about the plant it's up the Bayou about 40 minutes away. I like old things I collect different things. I enjoyed because I had been having a receipt from Barqs Bros from 1894 for about 22 years . It wasn't till 6 months ago I realized what it actually was. I was looking at the old papers I had . I like all the stuff they posted on here about Barqs Root Beer. I'm going to ask my Dad about the Barqs bottles to see if he remembers what came in the different bottles. I Don't remember the red and blue label Barqs if that was their red drink. Thanks for looking into that bottle for me

Today14

Reaction score
The B Mistretta Bottling Company

On the top
The B Mistretta
Bottom
9 fluid oz
28sl
Donald sonville LA.
All I found is some info about the plant it's up the Bayou about 40 minutes away. I like old things I collect different things. I enjoyed because I had been having a receipt from Barqs Bros from 1894 for about 22 years . It wasn't till 6 months ago I realized what it actually was. I was looking at the old papers I had . I like all the stuff they posted on here about Barqs Root Beer. I'm going to ask my Dad about the Barqs bottles to see if he remembers what came in the different bottles. I Don't remember the red and blue label Barqs if that was their red drink. Thanks for looking into that bottle for me
They have Po Boy it looks like in the middle. It does have 2 chips on the bottom15937756561883266246612185057984.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200703_060824.jpg
    IMG_20200703_060824.jpg
    877.2 KB · Views: 396

Skadman4

Skadmans3
Reaction score
I love that root beer, it's the best for a float! Absolutely, I love the history behind objects just as much as I love the items. Anything southern seems to have spotty information unless its Coke or Pepsi made, or has for me so far. I can find out tons on those multiple brands and flavors, the odd ball like yours seems to take some extra leg work and matching up blogs and history sites of the manufacturer area. Maybe it was a glass the company made their self, or they had it made only for them for that one flavor. Those are harder to pun down because they don't have a wide following so when the local population forgets about it and its out of production, the information about it goes with it. Maybe I can find the right info and see where you're at with this beautiful bottle!

Today14

Reaction score
I love that root beer, it's the best for a float! Absolutely, I love the history behind objects just as much as I love the items. Anything southern seems to have spotty information unless its Coke or Pepsi made, or has for me so far. I can find out tons on those multiple brands and flavors, the odd ball like yours seems to take some extra leg work and matching up blogs and history sites of the manufacturer area. Maybe it was a glass the company made their self, or they had it made only for them for that one flavor. Those are harder to pun down because they don't have a wide following so when the local population forgets about it and its out of production, the information about it goes with it. Maybe I can find the right info and see where you're at with this beautiful bottle!

A lot of things have a shady pass down here. I just asked my dad he said Barqs had a Red Soda and Cream Soda he remembers doesn't know what bottle it came in.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Looks like what some people would call a Art Deco style Bottle from the 1920's & 30's. Don't know anything else about it. Nice Find. Congrats.

Today14

Reaction score
Looks like what some people would call a Art Deco style Bottle from the 1920's & 30's. Don't know anything else about it. Nice Find. Congrats.
I think so that's all I could find the plant was. Built I 1920's

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora