Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Love Insulators........

Brutalfly

Jan 19, 2021
So I am new to the boards but not new to insulators.
My dad works at an electrical coop and has been collecting insulators for a long time.
He got me into collecting insulators so we always go back and forth with things that we find or new things we did not know about.
I have spent time reading and researching insulators I have but then next thing I know I am still finding new information. I would still classify myself as a rookie. This is the first forum I have found that I wanted to join to do my digging around on insulator information.
I thought I would share a few I have found in the past few months to start out my first post on the boards.

I found this one this past weekend. I had know clue this company existed.
Hawley Insulator.jpg

I scored this one a few months back.
Pleated Skirt.jpg

My wife actually found this one when I was with her. Somebody hot glued it to a piece of metal and made a candle holder. Fortunately I was able to get all of that off of there.
Green.jpg

I know this a common one but I love the style of it.
No. 40.jpg

Just a few more.
Locke.jpg
Brown #1.jpg
Brown #2.jpg

Thanks for the read and the look!

nhpharm

Apr 24, 2007
Nice finds! I have a small insulator collection...just love the colors and the history.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Jan 11, 2020
New Jersey
Pleated skirt toll is Canadian too I believe. This is where insulator collectors play most: https://www.insulators.info/pictures/

The "PICTURE POSTER" tab is misleading.

Also Don Briel writes the ID / Price guide:

Keep Posting!!
Wow, thanks for that fantastic resource. I think I have been there before. I have a modest insulator collection that keeps growing. I find them frequently enough. So I kept them. Like others it is the history, the shapes, and colors. So many variations. Solid thick glass (manufacturing has always amazed me). Thanks for the pictures.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Brutalfly

Jan 19, 2021
Pleated skirt toll is Canadian too I believe. This is where insulator collectors play most: https://www.insulators.info/pictures/

The "PICTURE POSTER" tab is misleading.

Also Don Briel writes the ID / Price guide:

Keep Posting!!

Thanks for the awesome resource and the compliments. This is the first site I have found in order to post these. I will be using the other site as well. I just hope I can find more!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heath1488