Lucky Lake - a shocking dive story

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CazDigger

Reaction score
That is such a great story and very well written, I agree with the previous posters, it may be a long story but I was hooked right from the beginning. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Mark

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Thanks for the high prasie Chuck and Mark. I try to let the stories come out however long they come out. I could have trimmed this one down. In fact, that really was several trips in one story. I just recently realized that almost every trip I have there has gone haywire. Stuff happens - but for some reason it seems to happen there almost every time. Glad you stuck with it and enjoyed it.

Chuck did you ever find any bottles in that river where you grew up?

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Are you kidding me? We're talking four digits! [;)]

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
I ain't none too bright. Do you mean thousands or as many bottles as you could count on four fingers?

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Anything early?

By the way. Yuo should find a scuba diver that you can trust and show him where things were coming out on the shorline. You need to trust him because he can keep coming back later and cut you out of the loot unless he makes a promise not to.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
It could be you, Bob! You don't mind diving in 2 feet of brackish seaweedy muck.. do you? Nothing enjoyable about my river.. sallygrowlers, jellies galore, the egrets are cool.. lotsa bottles, mostly TOC + tosser-inners, sodas, flasks and such.. God how I miss that river..!!

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Two feet of brackish water sounds really good right now. The only trouble is that if it's that shallow, it is fairly easy to muck through it. That'll make the pickings pretty slim.

Me thinks that it is probably pretty far away too . . .

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I don't mean 2 feet of water, I mean 2 feet of muck. The tide goes up and down, but that muck is where the bottles are.. yuck..virtually impenetrable for anything that weighs more than a duck!

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Half of my collection has come out of the muck! It keeps them clean until I find them.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky