MacNAughton's whisky bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Deana

Reaction score
I have been online for hours now trying to figure out what/when this thing is. I have a lovely bottle, clear glass with maple leave stmaped on two sides of bottle and all four sides of squarish topper. front seal is gold... says "Macnaughton's Product of Canada"
back seal also gold day's "MacNaughton's Canadian Whisky- A Blend" ad lists info about the whisky and the importer. in that info is "Schenley import corporation, New York NY Sole aganet in USA. Product of Canada." I cannot find any info about this bottle, a MacNaughton's distillery, or anything. I don't have a date, but it does have a recent looking State of Oregon Liquor control Comission tax stamp on it. If anyone can give me any info, I would greatly appreaciate it!

David E Dearden

Reaction score
Deana, McNaughton's was still being made in Canada when I was up there a couple of years ago. Canada used to fly the Union Jack before changing to the Maple Leaf.
Can't see it but does not sound old and have no reference book to it. Sounds like it might be a fancy bottle that could be used as a decanter when emptied. If it has a glass stopper then that's what it would be

Deana

Reaction score
David,
Thanks for the info. I probab;y will just keep it as a pretty decanter, but i am sure this is from at least 1970 or so, as it was in a box of stuff from about the same time period (my dad was a terrible pack-rat!). It also has stamped on the bottom "federal law forbids sale or reuse of this bottle) if that helps in dating it.
Thanks again!
Deana

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi Deana, Your bottle would be a little older than 1970, they stopped marking that Fed'rl Law statement on bottles in 1964, so it's 40 or so years old.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky