Mac's- Mac's Milk-soda pop

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Canadacan

Reaction score
I don't have a lot of items from this company but sure do like the early stuff!
Mac's Milk first store was started in Richmond Hill Ontario on Dec 8, 1961...within one year they had six stores in the greater Toronto area!
I'll just post this link in case you care to read up a bit more on this company. Mac's Convenience Stores - Wikipedia

20201203_221819.jpg

Update Dec 6.20
Ran a quick search and came up with these ads.

Mac's soda pop- Winnipeg Free Press , December 3, 1970

Mac's soda pop- Winnipeg Free Press , December 3, 1970.png

Mac's soda pop- Winnipeg Free Press , January 22, 1971
Mac's soda pop- Winnipeg Free Press , January 22, 1971.png

Mac's soda pop- Winnipeg Free Press , August 2, 1973
Mac's soda pop- Winnipeg Free Press , August 2, 1973.png

Last edited:

JKL

Reaction score
Thats a really nice collection. Mac's is now owned by Couche Tard based out of Quebec. They still have Mac's but other banners are Winks, Beckers, Mike's Milk and Couche Tard in Quebec. Now they are one of the top 10 biggest convenience store chains in North America.

Canadacan

Reaction score
@JKL Thank you....in our area Mac's are already gone, and it's all Circle K....as Rufus from Bill and Ted's excellent adventure would say 'they're history'!

RCO

Reaction score
@JKL Thank you....in our area Mac's are already gone, and it's all Circle K....as Rufus from Bill and Ted's excellent adventure would say 'they're history'!

I think most of the ones in Ontario are called Circle K now although might be some still called Mac's . one of ours downtown just closed down a couple weeks ago . it had been in the same location downtown since at least the 90's if not 80's . feel like it was originally a beckers

never found or seen any of those cans or bottles here , yet to find any cans for Mac's in the wild

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Those are really cool! I had no idea that Mac's had its own soda line, especially one that included an ACL. Never seen any of these in the wild before.

embe

Reaction score
I remember the Mac's and Beckers stores being around when I was younger. They also had the plastic milk jugs you could return for deposit, right?

JKL

Reaction score
I remember the Mac's and Beckers stores being around when I was younger. They also had the plastic milk jugs you could return for deposit, right?
Oh yeah the returnable milk jugs! I used to survive on the pint/500ml chocolate milk in those return for deposit plastic jugs.

RCO

Reaction score

those jugs had a 25 cent deposit , when covid hit they stopped doing that although I'm not sure if its resumed or not ?

but those stores have there own milk brand that comes in plastic bottles

RCO

Reaction score
Those are really cool! I had no idea that Mac's had its own soda line, especially one that included an ACL. Never seen any of these in the wild before.

I'm assuming they must of stopped selling there own canned pop by the 80's ? unless it continued later and just wasn't widely distributed or that popular

around here chain variety stores were relatively rare until more recently , it all used to be small independents until larger chains like Mac's and Circle K started to dominate

I can recall maybe a dozen or so independents that disappeared in this area going back to the mid 90's , so I don't think there would of been that many Mac's back then even in larger cities

embe

Reaction score
lol, we probably frequented the same places JKL, Those Mac's and Beckers locations were in my Kitchener youth.

Reactions: JKL

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu