Mailing bottles safely

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Drift

Reaction score
Sorry for the newbie question, but I've always sold my finds locally. I just made my first significant bottle sale --- $280 for a rare Coke to a collector downstate --- but I have no experience shipping glass bottles! What's your preferred packing and shipping method? Do I just roll it in a bunch of bubble wrap and pack the rest of the box tight with tissue? Should that be enough? I've never insured a package before but I figure this one might be worth it.

yacorie

Reaction score
I think you’ll find rolling it in enough bubble wrap is fine but for expensive items, I bubble wrap them and put them in a smaller priority mail box. The. I put that box in a larger priority box and surround it with peanuts or newspaper.

Might be overkill but it only adds about a buck to shipping and priority boxes are free, and so far I’ve never had one break on me.

Drift

Reaction score
I think you’ll find rolling it in enough bubble wrap is fine but for expensive items, I bubble wrap them and put them in a smaller priority mail box. The. I put that box in a larger priority box and surround it with peanuts or newspaper.

Might be overkill but it only adds about a buck to shipping and priority boxes are free, and so far I’ve never had one break on me.

Thanks! I sell books online sometimes but those are considerably less fragile. I'll take your advice. An extra dollar or two definitely sounds worth it.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown