maitland beer

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

inheritor

Reaction score
Hello everyone, can any one give me an indication of price for this bottle. Its got on it maitland beer sydney, a picture of a bull and obviously its green, thanks for the help Jodie

Attachments

• Vt56584.jpg
    Vt56584.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 79

warith

Reaction score
Hi Jodie,

Just to confirm, does it have a ring sealed top? And is the glass dark or light? The photo makes it look quite light, but it may just be because of the flash. One more question, is that a chip and a small crack on th eshoulder above, right from the embossing?

If it's a ring sealed version, with no crack or chip then it's a good bottle. Worth about AU$40 (more if mint). I managed to find a group of 7 of these in one group a few years back, but normally they are considered quite uncommon (I've only found 5 or 6 others).

If its lightly coloured glass it may be worth a little more. I saw an emereld green one recently that is probably worth a few hundred $s.

inheritor

Reaction score
Hi warith, thanks for the reply, it isnt dark green under any circumstances, the photo does make it look dark but, and no i cant see a chip? Heres another photo

Attachments

• Xu62798.jpg
    Xu62798.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 88

warith

Reaction score
Your colour is probably the result of not having enough colour added to the glass mix. It's a little uncommon, but I'm not so sure it could be termed 'rare'. It's the colour variations (clear, emerald, teal, amber and black) that are worth big bucks.

If it is a ring sealed bottle (the photos you have don't show the top of the bottle), then I'd be happy to buy it or swap for it, I collect early Sydney beers (pre-crown seal) and all the Maitland ring sealed bottles I've found have been in considerably worse condition than your bottle. The group of seven I found were all crown-sealed examples.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter